Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Itchy skin from Evorel Sequi patches  (Read 1187 times)

GrumpyCat72

Itchy skin from Evorel Sequi patches
« on: December 27, 2019, 06:44:24 PM »

Hi all,
I'm 47 and perimenopausal, not so much hot flashes, but tired, anxious, brain fog, increased facial hair etc... After some convincing and blood  tests, my doctor prescribed Evorel Sequi 50 for me. I started with just a little corner of the estrogen only patch. This went fine and after 2 days, I used half a patch on my outer thigh. This to went fine but the patch didn't stick properly and started to peel of. I think I was feeling better on it, but that might just be wishful thinking. After 2 days with the wonky patch, I removed it and stuck the remaining half patch on my lower back. This time it stuck really well. After half a day, my skin got itchy and sensitive all over. The next morning it felt like my skin was burning, not painful though, just weird and I felt a bit hyper.
 I removed the patch, slept for 2 hours and woke up with much less itching. The next day my skin was fine. Not sure what to do next. Has anyone experienced something similar and have some advice for me?

Taz2

Re: Itchy skin from Evorel Sequi patches
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »

Sorry that you are having this problem. Some people are allergic to the adhesive and the advice unfortunately is to change to a different product which is not quite so easy to do at the moment. I think that it's mentioned in the info leaflet if you want to have a look?

On a different note I find that my Evorel patches stick best towards the top of the buttock. You need to follow the application advice and it is important to press it firmly with the palm of your hand for a few minutes to get it to stick properly. If you are using half a patch then sticking can be a problem I believe. Do you mind me asking why you are only using half a patch? You are relatively young for such a low dose I feel.

Hope this helps.

Taz x   :)

Grumpymum

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:28:08 PM »

I worked my way through most patches when I started on HRT finding myself having itchy skin at the application site. I now stay on Estradot which is the best for me partly because they are so small. Of course the supply issue is rather a concern at the moment, I can't have the other brands. I also found I was allergic to Estrogel having a terrible burning rash and now am allergic to plasters if I leave them on for a day, when I didn't use to be.

GrumpyCat72

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 10:52:50 PM »

Thanks for replies. The low dose is because I am always nervous about starting a new medication and I am fairly sensitive to medication. The other thing is that my estrogen is still within the normal range, but because I am feeling so rotten and hormonal, I am willing to try anything at this point.
The itching is all over my body and nothing can be seen at the application site. I am worried that I might be allergic to the hormones themselves...

Tinkerbell

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 11:18:31 PM »

I had a bad reaction to patches, not surprised as i have react to plasters and micropore, even got told  by one nurse that having an allergy to micropore wasn't possible,not sure why she thought that!
I switched to Estrogel in the end.