Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: spotting after menopause  (Read 1120 times)

joewillsmom

spotting after menopause
« on: December 23, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »

Hi ladies,
I'm feeling really wobbly... I haven't had a period for about 2 years now and recent blood tests have confirmed I'm post meno. I was on Prempak C from for years, then stopped it 2 years ago to see if I was through the menopause and I am. A few months ago the GP put me on Tibolone as I was so dry, tired and felt so low. After a few weeks I began to bleed so I stopped taking it in a panic....I was due a smear test so thought I'd try again after I'd had that back. (I also suffer with health anxiety, so everything is something awful to me) Last night I went to the loo for a wee (sorry if TMI) and as I wiped, for the first time in forever, I felt the presence of slippery discharge - like I used to have when I was ovulating)...when I looked I saw a spot of bright red blood there too....hence, I'm now fretting...and its Christmas :( ... I called the GP this morning and the nurse had a cancellation, so I went in for my smear...she also examined my cervix but couldn't see anything unusual. Its been 2 months since I stopped Tibolone...could it still be connected do you think? The nurse was brilliant, she has referred me to the Gynae, the appointment is next week.
Thank you for listening, I'd appreciate your advice as always.
J x

suzysunday

Re: spotting after menopause
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 09:03:23 PM »

Hi, so sorry to hear of your problems, especially at Christmas   I think that if bleeding occurs in the first 6 months of taking Tibolone, this is seen as normal, though of course it's best to get it checked out. It should mention something about this in the leaflet.  I was on Tibolone for 18 months and started bleeding, and scans and biopsy showed thickening of the womb lining, which can happen with tibolone.  Bleeding after 18 months is not great. The bleeding stopped as soon as I stopped taking Tibolone and after about 3 months off it the lining returned to normal. The Tibolone and bleeding could still be connected, but maybe others can advise better. The main thing is that you are getting things checked.
Sorry I can't help more, but I know how stressful it is.  My anxiety was awful and it was so frightening.   Just try and stay positive, though it's. not easy I know.

joewillsmom

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 10:54:25 AM »

Thank you so much for the reply.
I think my health anxiety takes over and sends me spiralling, so I do appreciate your advice.
My appointment is 9am tomorrow, so I'm a bag of nerves.
I'm not sure what to expect, I just want them to tell me all is OK, but I'm guessing it will be a waiting game of scans and tests.
I honestly feel like I'm ovulating, I have a little clear slippery discharge again today....its so weird...is this even possible after menopause...
My brain is frazzled !! Thanks again for your advice, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas break.
x

joewillsmom

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »

Oooooh ladies, have been Googling all day (not a good idea) so decided to have a look :O downstairs just to see.
I think I may have thrush - as well as the occasional spotting I have bouts of insane itching and times when I have sore like lesions down there too. Today, I have a (I'm sorry for the description) white, dry chunky discharge, almost like dried talcum powder but I don't use the stuff.
Could this all be connected do you think?
I've been reading up on Vaginal Atrophy too. I have my gynaecologist appointment at 9am tomorrow so am trying to gather info on things I should ask.
Thank you for being here.
x

suzysunday

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 08:28:35 PM »

The white discharge does sound like thrush and the itching also.  Thrush is a really horrible, in fact all these vaginal malfunctions are so flaming awful, they just take your life over when they happen,  wondering what's going on down there!
Health googling can be a nightmare but in moderation can sometimes be helpful.
It's good you have an appointment tomorrow, which is a start to getting some answers.  Health anxiety for me really spiralled last year when I had a biopsy, never felt so bad.  I took tibolone for VA now I control it with local oestrogen cream, Ovestin.  Wishing you all good things for tomorrow  x

joewillsmom

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 09:32:03 PM »

Thank you so much. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes, I feel sick to my stomach. xx