Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anxiety hot flashes and sick feeling  (Read 1072 times)

Deborahlouise

Anxiety hot flashes and sick feeling
« on: December 23, 2019, 08:53:25 AM »

I wonder if anyone can help. I've been on the gel estrogel 2 pumps a day for a year. And the progesterone tablet suppository which I only usually need to take for 3/4 days to then have a bleed. I've been fine for a year.  Then last week I started to get extreme anxiety ab DC being irrational and tearful which has effected my life.  I then got spotting which is mid cycle. I'm now having hot flushes and sickness in the morning.  I'm 46. Started peri about age 40.   I'm going to the doctors this morning.  Should I take my progesterone as planned tonight?  Does it sound like I need a higher dose estrogel? It is advisable to have a low dose seretonin reuptaker to help?   Advice appreciated.

Ladybt28

Re: Anxiety hot flashes and sick feeling
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 11:48:40 AM »

Hi Deboralouise and welcome! xx
I would say that you need to up your gel by half or a whole pump. You are in peri anyway but will be getting fluctuations and then as you get closer to full meno the oestrogen drops and doesn't come back up again and then symptoms reoccur.  Its not the progesterone, its lack of oestrogen which is causing your symptoms.  I was started on 2 pumps of gel when I first started but had to up it to 4 which some Gp's consider high but is well within the prescribing limits and now after a while I have dropped it to 3. It  took the 4 to bring the symptoms back under control but I can hold them off now with 3 pumps.

I got rid of all my AD's try - with upping the gel, half a pump at a time, and the reoccurred symptoms should settle at whatever the new level is.  Half a pump, wait and week and go again!  If you up the gel you should up your progesterone a bit so that the extra gel doesn't increase the womb lining too much.  I use more progesterone than you. Let us know how you get on.  xx

Deborahlouise

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »

Thanks so much for your advice. I'll try that. I've been fine for a year so maybe I am approaching the end. Anxiety is horrible. Thanks for your advice.  Will try it x

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »

I hate to have to say it, but in my experience you are getting to the middle, the end could be a while yet, you're only a baby  :)

I started my hrt at age 45 and I am now 57!  I don't actually know when my "periods" stopped but I reckon I was about 53...probably?  My meno journey was horrendous which is not relevant to you but it can last a good 10 years before you are actually "out the other side".  I cannot and will not be stopping my hrt anytime soon to try and find out if "I am out the other side", but I don't want you to be disappointed - I think you might be a while yet  ;) ::) xx

Deborahlouise

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:00:40 PM »

Thanks. Yes just need to get the get balanced so that the anxiety is reduced.  My hrt st MO gives me a Period.