Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Link Between Thyroid Disease and Menopause  (Read 20089 times)

Penelope

Re: The Link Between Thyroid Disease and Menopause
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2020, 08:09:19 AM »

Hi Baby so glad you have managed to get off work make sure you rest a lot.I have only just gained relief  from my anxiety after 52 days on HRT I'm hoping the button for that is switched off now.
My Thyroid symptoms are finally non existent after starting HRT to correct it.

Fingers crossed you can get better as well.🌹
Thyroid symptoms can be crippling.

Kathleen

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2020, 09:40:39 AM »

Hello again ladies

Baby - sorry to hear that you are suffering. Please keep us updated.

Penelope - glad to know that you are feeling better.

Wrensong - I have sent you a pm.

Take care ladies.

K.

Baby

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2020, 05:16:05 PM »

I had my tsh results back. Doc receptionist either said 2.5 or 2.75. Very foggy head today and loads of anxiety. Didn't feel too bad yesterday but surely I should feel better than this.  :(

Penelope

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2020, 06:54:37 PM »

Hi Baby don't be sad or mad you need to email or call the receptionist and ask for a copy of your blood tests you also need to ask if Free T3 and Free T4 were tested also if not you want them done.🌹
Here in NZ we have access to all our medical records and tests on line.

Penelope

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2020, 07:01:53 PM »

Hi Stellajane I actually said nearly no- existent!
Hashimoto's thyroiditis is hormones out of wack and a lot of symptoms of the body can be the same as menopause or PMs symptoms correcting my balance of hormones with HRT is correcting by imbalance.
Just like if I took Synthroid or the contraceptive pill.
Hope that helps you understand.
I still have dry hair but I'm hoping that will correct over time.Yesterday is the first day free of anxiety in
Years I had a blast!I've lost 5 kg since starting psoriasis is looking much better and my Hemorrhoids are so much improved.

Baby

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2020, 08:33:05 PM »

Hi Penelope. Just my tsh was tested. When I saw doc last week he said about there was a lot of disagreement about thyroid testing and on line he says there is a lot of anger! So I think I will have to pay private to get all thyroid testing done.can you tell me if the on line tests are reputable  please.x

Penelope

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2020, 11:39:16 PM »

Hi Baby I am not sure about the private tests.

I had my TSH results back normal for 25 years yet My Free T4 and Free T3 we?re all ways up and down.
Good on you for persistence.

Kathleen

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2020, 02:49:32 PM »

Hello again ladies

Penelope -  would you be able to post the name of the hormone that you are taking and having some success with? Don't worry if you'd rather not it's just that I'm seeing a nurse tomorrow about my low Thyroid medication and I could ask her if it's available in the UK.

Good to see that you are making progress with your treatment.

Wishing you well.

K.

Penelope

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2020, 06:04:23 PM »

Hi Kathleen because I have menopause symptoms as well.they have put me on Kliovance ContinuesHRT
It is beginning to work really really well I am so surprised but also very happy.

Penelope

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2020, 08:47:58 AM »

How did you get on Kathleen?

Kathleen

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »

Hello Penelope

Thank you so much for asking.

It turns out the nurse knew very little about the Thyroid but she had a tale to tell about her awful menopause symptoms! We ended up chatting about those while my blood was taken.

It seems the doctor had asked for a large range of tests to be done on my sample so I'm hopeful I will learn something useful from the results when I get them. In the meantime I'm continuing to take Levothyroxine every morning and I'll be seeing my doctor again next month.

Take care and wishing you well.

K.

Kathleen

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2020, 06:55:28 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I've been doing a bit of reading on one of the Thyroid sites and I see that some drugs may reduce the effectiveness of the standard Thyroid medication, Levothyroxine. These are PPIs, Oestrogens and Statins.

I thought I would post about this as many ladies here will be taking the above mentioned drugs and may not be aware of the situation.

I also read that many people do not feel well unless their levels are at the bottom of the TSH range or below and at the top of the FT4 range or a little above.

I'm sure many of you will be familiar with all this information but it may help anyone who, like me, is new to the wonderful world of the wonky Thyroid!

Take care all.

K.

Penelope

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2020, 05:40:08 AM »

Well said Kathleen  a lot of women do not know they can be having terrible thyroid symptoms and still be in the correct blood test ranges including severe mental health issues Anxiety/Panic attacks and depression.
Hormone replacements should be used before antidepressants are dished out.🌹

Penelope

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2020, 07:30:20 AM »

Baby how are you doing now we?re you able to get the tests you wanted done?🌷

Baby

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2020, 08:17:58 PM »

Been to see doc today. He sent me for loads of blood tests. So much so that I passed out.was not a good feeling. Also has given me antibiotics. Some paperwork problem with my 24 hour urine collection test so got to do it again.  He has made me an appointment with another doc at the practice on Friday for a second opinion on me?  Funny thing is since about half three this afternoon I have not had an anxiety attack. I have been having them at least every hour.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12