Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Evorel Conti side effects - throat problems?  (Read 2004 times)

Smudge1

Evorel Conti side effects - throat problems?
« on: December 14, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with their throat since being on Evorel Conti. I used to be on a different HRT when I lived overseas and felt great with no adverse side effects. However since moving back to UK three years ago I had to change to Evorel Conti and whilst it is still very good for my overall wellbeing, I have noticed since using it that I constantly feel the need to clear my throat, I am snoring and have just been diagnosed with mild sleep apnea (I'm not overweight). It seems coincidental that all this started within a week or two of starting on Evorel Conti. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else is having the same issues. Many thanks in advance.

monalisa

Re: Evorel Conti side effects - throat problems?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »

Yes I have sinusitis
I have post nasal drip , always clearing my throat and feel like I have flem
Also suffer from sore throats
Terrible snoring and sleep apnoea
Also a bad smell coming from my nose when I have a cold

jaycee

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 12:07:24 AM »

My daughter had problems with her throat,but didnt put it down to E C , she felt that she always had something stuck in her throat, might just be coincidence though,
The thing she had and so did i was hair loss,we both stopped the EC ,

Smudge1

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:07:14 AM »

Thanks for your responses. Interesting that others have experienced something similar.  Also interesting, although may well be coincidental...  I decided to try changing my patch only once a week instead of twice a week in the hope of somehow diluting the side effects and my throat does definitely feel better lately..less snoring and apnea and less clearing of the throat so I am convinced it does have something to do it.

Pauline b

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 09:39:47 AM »

I had a similar experience and did some reading around gastro intestinal symptoms and increases in these symptoms on HRT. I felt like I always had a lump in my throat and my GP suggested a slight increase in gastritis which can cause the feeling of a lump in the throat . I have changed my regime to EStradot patch and ultrogestan and these symptoms have reduced significantly