News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Eczema  (Read 2187 times)

Jeepers

Eczema
« on: December 19, 2019, 07:17:49 AM »

Hi

Has anyone developed eczema since menopause?  I have really sore dry eyelids, as well as a spot on my forehead.  I never suffered with this before, and its developed since I started taking HRT

thanks

Jeepers xx

Perinowpost

Re: Eczema
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 08:05:51 AM »

Me too Jeepers I never had it before either. I have it in my hairline by my ears. I don't really know why I've suddenly developed it now and would love to know.

I keep it at bay with some cream from the doctors x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 08:11:35 AM »

Dryness happens when oestrogen levels drop.

Eczema needs professional treatment.  At it's worst it needs special lotions and wrapping up nightly like an Egyptian Mummy  :-\.  It usually affects the backs of knees, crooks of elbows: places where there is sweat ......... it can then spread all over and is often extremely painful.

Have a chat with a Pharmacist to see what treatment is recommended.  Do you has asthma as the two often go together?

Jeepers

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 08:24:19 AM »

Hi

thanks for the replies.

Mine started at my hairline too, on my forehead.  But that seems to be under control now, and my eyelids are the worst bit.

No, I have never suffered fro asthma (and hope that isn't something else that rears its ugly head in the future).  I have been to the doctors, he gave me some steroid cream, which helps, but I can only use it for a while, then have to have a break as it can cause the skin to thin.  I also have some Diprobase ointment which I use at night.

thanks again

Jeepers xx

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 08:36:40 AM »

No never had asthma, nor does it run in the family.  I've got the steroid cream too, but only use it occasionally when it flares up. I've only got tiny patches of it and am hoping I don't develop it anywhere else x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »

Eczema can be triggered by stress and swimming in chlorinated water.  My neighbours' son had it badly until he got into his late teens.  Had to have bandages and special creams, he would cry with pain.  His Dad has the asthma. 

My Dad was diagnosed with late onset asthma, aged 65.  Don't know why the GP thought it was the problem  :-\ as I had left the area by then.  Neither condition appear to run in our family.

I had the steroid cream after radiation treatment but advised to use a tiny amount for 3 days then stop; repeat; the area looked like the titty had been in the sun more than the rest of me  :D.  The Staff were really adamant not to use too much.

Jeepers

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 12:15:34 PM »

Hi

Yes, my Dr asked me if I had been stressed or had had a sore throat.  I suppose my anxiety is stress :-(

thanks

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 12:35:14 PM »

Take care of yourself  ;). It's that time of year  >:(

Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »

I suddenly developed alot of skin problems, since washing with dermol 500 & being on HRT my skin is so much better, no issues since! x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 10:53:05 PM »

I developed eczema during the stress of my parents getting ill, and passing away.
Doctor gives me Betnovate for it.
It used to be really bad on my face and scalp.
You can use it sparingly on your face, as it can thin the skin.
It's magical stuff for me. x

AgathaC

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 11:02:08 PM »

Jeepers - OF COURSE....me too! Xxxxx

Jeepers

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2019, 03:28:28 PM »

thanks ladies, :-)

Its reassuring to know I'm not the only one, and that its common during menopause, but I'm sorry you are all suffering with it too#

Jeepers xx