Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1318 times)

Denise27

• First Flush
« on: December 13, 2019, 09:23:05 PM »

Hiya everybody. Just need some advice about hrt and depression? Been through the menopause 4 years now, had a lot of personal upsets during that time, bereavements, divorce etc. Used to be so happy, friends, family and not a care in the world. Have lost most of those over the years on top of the menopause. Decided (after so many days of crying, loneliness and suicidal thoughts) that maybe hormone probs may be making things worse, that i would go to doctors and try hrt. I have been on elleste conti duet tablets for 2 weeks now, but not feeling any better as yet.  Backache and very low mood. Am i kidding myself that they will work and give me my life back mentally does anybody know??

sheila99

Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:39:36 PM »

You need to give it more time. Hot flushes seem to go quite quickly but my anxiety and insomnia took 3 months. My low mood and lethargy was helped by testosterone but they like your oestrogen to be stable first. You should certainly get much better even if you don't get 100% back to how you were. I hope you see some improvement soon.

Bobidy

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 04:09:38 AM »

I wonder if Diane's site / group could be another source of support for you too https://menopausesupport.co.uk/?page_id=158 x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 09:42:56 AM »

Hi!  Maybe add an anti-depressant medication for 4-6 months?  Try the HRT until mi-Feb. then see how you feel.  Are the symptoms cyclical?

Some ladies find keeping a mood/food/symptom diary of use.  Browse round.   :welcomemm:

Denise27

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »

Thankyou for your replies ladies. I will give it a few months and see how it goes then. Hopefully for the better.

Wilks

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »

Hi, I agree with Sheila99 that a couple of weeks is early days yet.
I found HRT to help a lot with the severe anxiety and depression I had around peri-menopause but adding in testosterone (and an antidepressant for several months) was even better
:-)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:20:48 PM by Wilks »

Sad Sally

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 12:49:52 PM »

Hi,

I have been on HRT for almost 6 weeks, I cried alot, worried about everything and seen nearly every hour during the night.  it took about a month for me to start feeling 'normal',   the sleep is still a bit hit or miss, but I am in a better frame of mind to deal with it. Give it another month and hopefully you will start to feel the benefit.