Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Teeth !!!  (Read 2204 times)

kazy68

Teeth !!!
« on: December 19, 2019, 10:49:25 AM »

Just been to dentist after 6 weeks worth of long laborious treatment is all over and done with ending in tooth extraction :( not a happy bunny had to go back so many times to get it sorted, all because of a tiny filling in my FRONT tooth the nerve went totally crazy my tooth was going a funny colour and ended up being pulled and a plate being fitted, I'm gutted all the years of looking after teeth one tiny filling (that I didn't go there for in the first place) ended up with a false one, health anxiety been through the roof didn't sleep last night but it's all over now time for a cuppa and a nap.
Karen
X

marge

Re: Teeth !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 11:32:43 AM »

At least it's all done and dusted; you can enjoy your Christmas dinner now  ;D

kazy68

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2019, 11:53:44 AM »

To right Marge, going out for Xmas dinner this year normally I would cook for family but all decided to go out this year, can't decide if I'm looking forward to it or not, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.
Karen
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 12:04:19 PM »

Dental pain is awful.  It can radiate throughout much of the mouth. 

I opted for implants which were costly but I don't have any dependents  ;).  Well done on getting through it  :medal:

kazy68

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 01:41:16 PM »

Wasnt easy CLKD, had the shakes really bad he gave me sugar water to drink bloody awful but drank it, just resting up feet up Xmas movie on cuppa in hand.
Kare
X

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »

Aww kazy68.
I really feel for you. I hate the dentist, sends me into a total meltdown.
I'm like that road runner off the cartoon when I leave, there's a trail of dust behind me. Can't get out of there quick enough, can't stand the smell either....
Take it easy girl, you deserve a special treat...xx.  :bighug:

kazy68

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »

Thankyou jilly,
It is an awful place the things we put ourselves through eh!
I'm ok now it's all over, but was a bit of a state this morning,
Youngest  son came with me moral support well hes as much use as a chocolate fire guard lol,
Never been a man of many words, but he was there, and hes made all my cups of coffee since we got back, finding  this plate hard to get used to dont like it at all but it's this or a front tooth missing I know what I prefer, aching a little now anesthetics wearing off.
Karen
X

kazy68

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2019, 04:47:59 PM »

Oh hun your going through the mill at the minute, hope all goes well and they can get it sorted for you  :foryou:
Karen
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »

How much is too much to keep gums, bone density, teeth, tongue, lips etc. healthy?

We pay as we got for treatment.  Don't believe in Denplan as often we were paying monthly but not having as much done as we were paying! So we cancelled the DD and now pay as necessary.  Check up is free.  The remainder is paid for, we get a treatment plan to work through with the Dental surgeon and hygienist.