Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Coming off evoril conti patches  (Read 834 times)

monalisa

Coming off evoril conti patches
« on: December 14, 2019, 08:47:21 PM »

I am 60 and I think it is time I came off my hrt patches altogether
I went to my gp and she was not to sure how I should wean myself of them

Can anyone advise me please
They are evoril conti patches
Will I suffer from withdrawal symptoms
Any advice would be helpful

Dotty

Re: Coming off evoril conti patches
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 05:01:05 PM »

Hi you can either stop all at once or wean yourself off by cutting patches in half.

If you are through the menopause then you shouldn't have any symptoms.  If your body is still going through menopause then your symptoms could return.

There is no need to stop taking hrt due to your age.  It is personal choice as to whether you stop or continue. X

Hurdity

Re: Coming off evoril conti patches
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »

Quite so Dotty! - I am mid 60's and still taking HRT - the current guidance is that it;s OK to carry on if no medical contra-indication and if symptoms recur after you stop. On that subject some women continue to get symptoms after stopping HRT or reducing the dose even long after menopause and some women still get flushes and sweats for some years even if they haven't taken HRT. I gather from what I've read that often the symptoms resolve (those that recur after stopping HRT) but it can take 9 months to a year. Many of us are not prepared t put up with that while working or busy livres wityh families etc so carry on. All the time you are taking it you are benefiting from protection to your bones and cardiovascular health.

Personally I would wean off rather than stopping suddenly, as, if you are one of those whose symptoms are going to recur, they may well come back dramatically wityh sudden cesssation rather than a gradual return.

....or as Dotty says- you may be one of the lucky ones who doesn't  ::)

Hurdity x