Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Maryjane & other ladies using topical estrogen  (Read 1303 times)

Whatsupwiththis

Maryjane & other ladies using topical estrogen
« on: December 16, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »

I have a rather unusal question and I'm hoping someone knows the answer.  I have been using Vagifem and estrone daily for approx. 6 months.  VA still causes some discomfort but what really is causing irritation and bleeding are tissues around the (tmi) anus.  Does local estrogen also affect the bowel tissues?  The tissue sensitivity started about 2 or 3 months ago after starting estrogen.  Is this normal?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Maryjane & other ladies using topical estrogen
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 07:05:28 PM »

Dryness?  If the vaginal area is requiring treatment, then the anus may well be affected. 

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 07:49:55 PM »

Thx. C....kinda thought so myself.  I know there are estrogen receptors in the bum area but sheesh...not enough probs with that dang vagina but now me bum.  Sucks...

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 08:24:12 PM »

Yep.  I am sure that someone will be along but maybe a baby product to apply?  I use 'vaseline' or talc gently applied when the area itches which fortunately, isn't often.

Another reason for itchy bum is worms .........

Maryjane

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2019, 06:21:01 AM »

Non medical opinion here but these is no Great Wall of China that says no oestrogen wanted here ( the anus).

The perinium can be a big source of irritation also and the anus is so close it it, out whole body can itch due to lack of oestrogen and that includes the anus.

It's a problem ladies in my VA group have , always get checked out to rule out lichen sclerosus and other skin conditions also.

As CKLD said worms but unless around children this is less likely, piles & an anal fissure also can cause the itch.

Ljp

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2019, 07:42:53 AM »

When I first started with VA, the anal area was equally as sore and red and irritated as my vestibule area.
If I get a flare up, I use 1% hydrocortisone cream and this generally settles it down.
Also worth trying a product like emu oil, or Vmagic or vulva harmony to use throughout the day to keep skin hydrated as much as possible.
It's the pits! 😟

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 02:13:02 PM »

Thank you ladies.  Anus tissue definately not itchy...stingy.  I'm getting old(er) so guess I have to accept the fact that body changes are a fact of menopausal life. 
Have a great day girls and hope you have a VA free year.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

I find that if my urine is strong my bottom gets stung  :o - R U drinking plenty, urine should run straw coloured  ;)