Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Switching to Tibolone  (Read 2659 times)

Musicandstars

Re: Switching to Tibolone
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 04:03:37 PM »

Hi Wrensong,

Hope you're well.  Thank-you for your good wishes which I much appreciate! :D

Well it's Day 19 since my switch from Estradot patches and sequential Utrogestan under the breast consultant's advice.  Plus points: breasts soft and painless and uninflamed which is great - little things matter such as being able to hug my family again without the soreness. I definitely feel calmer and more relaxed and confident, not bleeding is a welcome bonus and libido is on the up. ;) Negative, and it's a big one - the dreaded night sweats are back and after 8 years without them, it is a concern.  I had the fan on and the window open last night but was still boiling - really hoping that this is temporary as I'm not getting the sleep I need.  I'm not getting them in the day though so it could be worse. I'll certainly post of any changes (or not)  when I have my next mammogram.

All the best health and happiness to you...

Musicandstars

Wrensong

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 04:16:57 PM »

Oh Musicandstars yaaaay - that's great news about the breast improvement :).  The other benefits you describe are fab too!  I remember so well the pain & worry of fibrocystic breasts from teens onwards, with all the inevitable investigations.  Like you, I was later told screening showed I had very dense breasts.  Not only complicates interpretation of images, but can make biopsies more tricky to perform.  With boobs at their worst in fertile years, the pull of gravity just standing up getting out of bed was excruciating & I've always been very small, so goodness only knows what it's like for bigger women.  HRT regimens I tried postmenopause that made my boobs swell painfully also worried me terribly.  I'll be very interested to know what happens at your next screening & have everything crossed that the density issue will have resolved.   

What an absolute pain that the night sweats are back though.  I sympathise as that's a resistant symptom I'm still struggling to get under control.  Hopefully just temporary in response to your change of regimen.  Yes, please do keep us posted & I wish you all the very best with it.
Wx
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 05:40:55 PM by Wrensong »

Sammiejane

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »

music and stars

has your hair improved yet since being on the tibilone x

Julia Dizzy

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »

Is Tibolone still recommended for women over 60 with it being an oral tablet? (I'm 63) Would it be worth asking Meno clinic next month when I go? Currently on 2 pumps estrogel and Utrogestan 100mg daily for last 4 months. Thanks

Sammiejane

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 10:02:49 AM »

hi jaycee

how long did you stop the tibilone for ? as you know i stopped the gel for same reason to see if it was connected to hair loss and at first i thought no because hair was still shedding but after 6 weeks it had stopped not completely but reduced from 15 hairs in brush to 2 so normal shed x

i've restarted 4 days and added in progesterone to see if maybe it was imbalance of E and P but i?m already getting side effects not yet the hair and mood is better but stomach cramps trapped gas urinating more pelvic floor dosent feel as strong and hot flushes in the day which i never had x i?m thinking of that tibilone but worried of hair loss and weight gain x have you had weight gain on it ?

jaycee

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 10:21:57 AM »

Hi Sammijane, i have only had breaks of a few weeks at a time, i have gone back on it as after stopping i had terrible knee pain, and lower back pain and stiffness, that has improved, my hair seems to have stopped noticeably shedding to have lost some near my hairline, but none to see in the plughole
, and looks generally thinner all over,no body in it,
I have had no other problems with it
As for weight gain i didn't put on any weight,in fact i lost some, but i was more active than now,
Last year i seemed to suddenly put weight on,which is why i was tested for thyroid which came back normal, but i am almost 2 stone heavier, so not sure if its the tibilone,or just that i am not as active
Also i used to walk my dog 3 times a day but since she died in August not done that of course
I am waiting for results of my scalp biopsy, but it is very red
I was given steroid lotion, for itchyness, but now wondering if that has made it worse
I read that Rosemary essential oil was good for hair loss, so going to try that
It is a minefield isn't it

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 05:08:51 PM »

Is Tibolone still recommended for women over 60 with it being an oral tablet? (I'm 63) Would it be worth asking Meno clinic next month when I go? Currently on 2 pumps estrogel and Utrogestan 100mg daily for last 4 months. Thanks

I doubt it would be recommended - the general advice is for women to be on transdermal HRT over 60 as being safer generally in terms of clot risk/cardiovascular problems. Also may depend on other risk factors personal to you (body weight/fat, BP, smoking, diet, exercise, alcohol etc)? Might be worth asking though?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]