Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help, miserable, for those on evorel (oestrogen only) patch what dosage r u on ?  (Read 1046 times)

EleanorB

Hi,

Having real difficulties working out how to balance my oestrogen and progesterone, also considering adding testosterone. I had a mirena fitted for progesterone 3 months ago. Since then been feeling pretty rubbish. I was previously on three quarters of an evorel 50 patch unnoposed and monitored due to migraine but now have to take progesterone due to a polyp removal.

My mood went south shortly after the mirena so upped my patch to a full 50 patch, this helped. Now 3 months in my mood is very low again, I have had insomnia since the mirena and am having palpitations every night for the last week. The progesterone also seems to have given me dreadful reflux.

I don't know whether the palpitations are from upping the oestrogen or are the progesterone. I am scared of making the palps worse but feel so dreadful mood wise and insomnia wise,  similar to before I started oestrogen, which makes me think I need more. I don't see my gynae for post polyp removal follow up till end of jan and the gp knows nothing. I have been halter monitored twice in the last year prior to this latest bout of palps due to previous palps and my heart was fine.

I am really curious whether evorel 50 is too low a dose and if I should up it?

Perinowpost

Hi EleanorB

Sorry you're feeling rubbish, I was exactly the same after I had the mirena fitted.  I suspect you're probably progesterone heavy right now. The good news is because you're protected you're safe to up your oestrogen to try to balance things out. 

Good luck with the tweaking and let us know how it goes x

EleanorB

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Incredibly curious to know if you stuck with the mirena and things improved or if you ditched it? If you stopped what progesterone did u switch to?  I've been told it can take six months to acclimatize to it but having a hard time believing I will go from here to feeling ok. I will up my oestrogen but if that doesn't help considering getting it out.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Maybe put 'Mirena coil' in2 the search box to see what threads appear? 

Perinowpost

Hi I stuck with it for 6 months (as advised) but it never got any better so I had to have it removed x

EleanorB

Thanks so much for your reply. I strongly suspect the same thing is going to happen to me.  Did you go on to find a progesterone that worked for you?

Perinowpost

It's ongoing I'm afraid, still working on that one. If you're progesterone intolerant it does seem to be the toughest nut to crack x