Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Advice please - Evorel Conti  (Read 1236 times)

Lizzie06

Advice please - Evorel Conti
« on: December 10, 2019, 11:37:46 AM »

Hoping someone will be able to advice me. My menopause nurse has suggested the following as an alternative to Evorel conti. Elleste solo 40 and separate progesterone noriday 0.35mg 1 daily.
I've looked at the ingredients for the elleste solo compared to the Evorel conti.  The solo contains 1.25 mg of estradiol (as hemihydrate) and each patch delivers approximately 40 micrograms of estradiol per 24 hours, but the conti is 3.2 mg Estradiol hemihydrate adsorption rate approximately 50mgs of Estradiol in 24hrs and 11.2mg of norethisterone acetate.
Is this a suitable alternative? I've been using Evorel conti for 10mths and it has really helped with my VA symptoms and I don't want to upset things if I've not being given a suitable alternative. TIA

Dotty

Re: Advice please - Evorel Conti
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 12:53:44 PM »

Hi the equivalent dose of oestrogen would be 2mg in tablet form.

You need more progesterone than 0.35.  That strength of Noriday is not enough for HRT. You would be better using Utrogestan 100mg x

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »

Hi Lizzie06

Just to add that if you are continuing with patches it is the daily delivery dose which is the important so the Elleste Solo TS 40 mcg is slightly lower than the Evorel but approx the same - so you might be OK with it.

Re the progestogen - as Dotty says the mini pill is probably not enough. Lower dose continuous combined tablets cntain 0.5 mg norethisterone, and the higher doses contain 1 mg, so I would suggest you would be safer, at least initially, taking two pills which would give you 0.7 mg daily? Again the daily delivery dose of norethisterone from the pacth is not comparable with a tablet - hence my comparison with the dose in tablet HRT. (see the list here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php). Annoyingly there is no separate preparation of norethisterone for HRT level doses even though it is present in the combi preparations.

Hurdity x

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 05:05:39 PM »

Hoping someone will be able to advice me. My menopause nurse has suggested the following as an alternative to Evorel conti. Elleste solo 40 and separate progesterone noriday 0.35mg 1 daily.
I've looked at the ingredients for the elleste solo compared to the Evorel conti.  The solo contains 1.25 mg of estradiol (as hemihydrate) and each patch delivers approximately 40 micrograms of estradiol per 24 hours, but the conti is 3.2 mg Estradiol hemihydrate adsorption rate approximately 50mgs of Estradiol in 24hrs and 11.2mg of norethisterone acetate.
Is this a suitable alternative? I've been using Evorel conti for 10mths and it has really helped with my VA symptoms and I don't want to upset things if I've not being given a suitable alternative. TIA
is the change because of the supply problems with Evorel Conti? I have managed to get some from the Independent Pharmacy online. I wouldn't want to change because it works well for me too.

Lizzie06

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 05:44:59 PM »

is the change because of the supply problems with Evorel Conti? I have managed to get some from the Independent Pharmacy online. I wouldn't want to change because it works well for me too.
Yes it is Katejo. My online pharmacy can't supply my latest prescription. I'm now trying to get some thru Boots online pharmacy.  They are waiting for approval from my GP so fingers crossed they have some in stock. 

jaycee

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »

I asked at my local pharmacy today if they had any HRT ptches and they have Evoral Conti ,but no others ,in patches anyway

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 02:52:22 AM »

Yes it is Katejo. My online pharmacy can't supply my latest prescription. I'm now trying to get some thru Boots online pharmacy.  They are waiting for approval from my GP so fingers crossed they have some in stock.
I gave up on Boots (high st not online ) which insisted that it was unavailable and that they weren't allowed to order direct from the supplier. I imagine that the online Boots will be the same but haven't tried it.