Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling so rubbish  (Read 982 times)

shrosphirelass

Feeling so rubbish
« on: December 09, 2019, 08:04:50 PM »

I've been feeling pretty awful of late, return of headaches and bad stomachs. I have good days, but far more bad ones and can't pinpoint any triggers.

Anyway, today has been dreadful. I've felt continually sick all day with a horrible metalic taste in my mouth. I have been barely ale to function. The only time I can remember feeling like this was as a side effect to medication and the only medication I use is local and sytemic HRT. I just don't know what to do to alleviate it. Food seems to help, but as soon as I stop eating I feel worse.

Don't know what to do, in the short term or the longer term

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Feeling so rubbish
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:52:41 PM »

Eat Girl Eat?  I feel like that when my body needs a boost of energy.

MayB make a note of everything you eat and when for 5 days.  See if there is a pattern ........... lack of sustenance can cause anxiety surges.   Headaches can be caused by dehydration.  It becomes a vicious circle: body needs energy so it gets queasy then we don't eat.  Little and often. Snack: my go-2 are bananas, porridge, slow release foods, dried fruits and nuts, pancakes ........ ginger biscuits, Jacobs cream crackers: anything that 'stays' the stomach to stop that nausea.

A metallic taste is often a side-effect of chemotherapy.  It can also mean that the body lacks minerals/vitamins.  Are u due to see a dentist, is there a problem in your gums?

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »

Shropshirelass...have you been checked for GERD or possibly ulcer?  Many people as they age become susceptible to acid reflux which leaves an acid/acrid taste in mouth.  Do antiacids help?

shrosphirelass

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 07:42:35 PM »

Thanks both, I do have teeth / gum issues relating to an extraction last year where the bone didn't reseat itself properly. I often get a flare up, but the dentist says there's no decay or gum disease. I always drink loads of water and have taken to having ginger oat thin biscuits to keep me going, can't keep weight on.

Not feeling as sick today, just the usual headache and horrible stomach feeling.

I just feel like I'm falling apart, I'm more or less in the same position as pre HRT

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 07:45:50 PM »

Bananas
Dried fruits/nuts
Porridge
ReadyBrek - I like it very thin not thick almost easy enough to drink
Keep hydrated

I used to worry that eating would make me feel worse but in fact, my body required energy  :-\ - as a recovering anorexic it is very difficult sometimes to separate nausea from hunger ........ your stomach probably feels awful because it is empty.  Headache is lack of liquids.

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »

Hello Shropshirelass

I am so sorry  that you are suffering.

I remember having a metallic taste in my mouth  when I was in the early stages of my first pregnancy so definitely hormonal at that time.

Earlier on in my menopause I had daily headaches but these disappeared after six months and have never returned. I now have stomach issues in the form of internal shaking /jittering.  Although they make me feel horrible and add to my anxiety they too can disappear for no reason that I can think of.

I'm sorry that I can't be of practical help but I am sure that hormones are the culprit in your case.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.