Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: New on this forum, happy to find this site!  (Read 1333 times)

Amy

• First Flush
New on this forum, happy to find this site!
« on: December 07, 2019, 04:34:56 PM »

Hello dear Ladies,
I am new to this forum and so glad that I found my way here!
For days I was just reading and was amazed on the huge amount of information and personal experience here...
I am nearly 50, had quite early menopause, stopped having periods at age 44. My Mum was 40, my Grandma was 44 when they stopped so I guess it is a kind of heritage.
For 4 years I tried to get away with the natural remedies but with not much success. I still had hot flushes, night sweats, mood swings, my hair was falling out all the time, sleeping problems, VA, zero libido but the worst was the anxiety. I felt I was not living in the real world, can anyone relate?
In the country where I live, HRT is generally not supported or only in severe cases. For years I got the answer from my gynae that I should accept the change, the symptoms would go away. But they didn't  :(
Long story short, for the fifth try, two years ago I found a private doctor who prescribed bioidentical HRT, Lenzetto spray (1 puff/ day + Utrogestan 100mg on every second day), plus Vagifem for VA. The quality of my life is much better now, no flushes, better sleep, etc. but still lacking motivation and no libido at all and my mood could be better.
I guess testosterone is the missing puzzle, but my superman gynae rejects prescribing it and so far I couldn't convince him.
I am grateful for all the information you share on this site, I have topics to read for days!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New on this forum, happy to find this site!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 05:40:30 PM »

hi!  how far away from the UK are you - not that I'm nosey or anything  ;D

Browse round. Make notes.  Many GPs in the UK aren't keen on testosterone either.

Has the Doctor done blood tests for thyroid function and VitD levels?  Both can contribute to your symptoms. Keep up with the Vagifem, we have threads about vaginal atrophy here !

:welcomemm:

Amy

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 06:53:33 PM »

Hi,
You are not nosey, I live in Hungary  :) not that far  ;)
I am hypothyroid and it is handled, I have tests in every 6 months.
All my thyroid values are good, TSH between 1 - 1,5, and my free t3 and t4 is OK.
I haven't thought about vitD though...
Thank you!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:54:52 PM »

Oh - we have a C.mas thread: [It's Not Chmas Yet!] : do share how you celebrate ;-) - not that I'm nosey  ;D

Penelope

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »

Hi Amy you also need to have your Ferritin levels checked and haemoglobin, vitamin D and liver tests.But the most important is the thyroid antibodies blood test.That one will show if you have Hashimoto's.xx