Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Levels of oestradiol  (Read 749 times)

jennyr265

Levels of oestradiol
« on: December 06, 2019, 01:52:56 PM »

Hi everyone,
I have posted before about my low levels of oestradiol whilst using gel - my levels fell to 79 when i was using 3 pumps. So i have now been taking Elleste solo 1mg tablet for almost 3 months and my latest level is 281 pmol/L so a big improvement.
But the only change in my symptoms is an improvement in my sense of well being. i feel more positive about life generally which is obviously great. But most of my other symptoms, assuming that they are menopause related, have remained.
So my question is - will my levels continue to increase the longer I take the 1mg or do I need to take 2mg to get any further improvement?
Now that my levels are higher i am going to reintroduce Testosterone as I had stopped using it when my levels were low. So i guess that may make a difference too.
I have a GP appointment next week so would like to have a plan of action before I go to see her!
Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Dotty

Re: Levels of oestradiol
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »

Hi I would say you need to increase to a 2mg tablet x

Sammiejane

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »

what symptoms do you have that haven't improved !

because it may be that more estrogen is required or as you say reintroducing testosterone may help !

jennyr265

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 12:59:31 PM »

Thanks for your replies.
Yes i wonder if i need a higher dose. I assume that if i stay on the 1mg my levels will stay the same.
Sammiejane - my symptoms are joint and body pain, low levels of energy,  terrible dehydration- dry lips and excessive thirst, digestive problems. My menopause consultant thinks that the latter is related to excess histamine.
I have had a lot of nasal problems and i saw an ENt consultant this week who has diagnosed me with nasal polyps requiring surgery so hopefully their removal will give me some relief from my nasal congestion. Although i think they can grow back!
I have read your posts about your hair loss. That's something I haven't had to deal with and I hope that you are able to sort it out - it must be very upsetting.

Erika28

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 02:19:09 PM »

Maybe your estradiol level is still too low.

Sammiejane

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 05:19:01 PM »

jennyr265

i think maybe your symtoms are form the hrt as i suffered the same in gel and been on it a year

but i found after my operation low estrogen my sinuses improved as did problems with my ears they went away now i've added estrogen i've problems again and recently just got over a bad ear infection eye infection 3 weeks antibiotics and last week i've had sinusitis ! low energy can be caused by raise in estrogen to as mine energy levels are rock bottom worse on hrt my mood worse on hrt infact the only thing for me which has improved is dry mouth and eyes flushes not that i really got any ! but have headaches daily some migraines nausea from time to time appetite fluctuation all since being on hrt i have no ovaries or uterus oh and hairloss which i never had so for me i'm strongly thinking about stopping ! i never had issues with the pill though it's very strange maybe bio identical dosent suit me !