Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: How to get repeat prescriptions for VA - different symptoms from peri to post?  (Read 634 times)

AG

Hi Ladies,

This forum has been very good over the last two years or so for me to confirm that I am not going off the rails but that symptoms are related to peri transition. Sorry for a fairly long post but one thing that is likely going to stick around is VA, and I currently have a 2-3 months prescription for this from GP. But GP mentioned I should try and see whether I can continue without it for a while (the answer for me is clear: no since I have run out over the last few months and within weeks symptoms come back). How can I get a repeat prescription at least for a year or so from GP?

I am now also wondering whether symptoms in general change (not VA but overall) when one is approaching post meno (currently 7 months without period with gaps over last two years 2-4 months but never this long). I seem to have a coordination/ floppy muscles or whatever issue, and still some dizziness and night sweats have returned albeit lighter than before. Also muscles (that's what I am assuming) feel a bit "flu like" when moving at times and running is currently not going very well. Has anyone experienced coordination issues/ muscle coordination or other when not on HRT (I tried HRT for a short time and this got worse)?

I am also considering going back onto a low dose of combined HRT once the 12 months have passed but cannot deal with whatever progesterone is in Utrogestan, and Femoston 1/10 made me pretty ill as well. Can anyone recommend a low dose combined HRT product I may be ok with?

Many thanks for all your advice, AG

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Your GP is obviously saving money, is there another one you can see or maybe a Nurse Prctitioner?  VA treatment is usually required for Life.

It probably won't alter much .......... I didn't have bothersome symptoms until well after periods and stopped although have had a sore spot in the same place for years, noticeable on penetration.  GP recognised my systems. 

As oestrogen levels drop so muscles may become lax = aches and pains as the body may dry, inside and out.  Do you take an over the counter pain relief for any pains etc.?

Maybe brisk walking rather than running.  Keep hydrated B4 and during exercise.  Which symptom would you like to ease most?

AG

Aha, yes, it did cross my mind that money saving may be one motivation. GP is also not very forthcoming with HRT. I have a follow up appt with a meno clinic and will ask them to prescribe/ write letter to GP. Meno clinic was very clear that VA treatment is usually required for a long time/life. I am also thinking of trying a low dose of combined HRT again once post meno but did not get on well with Utrogestan progesterone type and neither with the one in Femoston. Are there other options of a combined product I could use e.g. patch that has a different type of progesterone I have not tried yet? Main symptoms now that are causing issues is night sweats are back and impacting sleep as well as dizziness and these weird coordination (or is it muscle movement) issues. AG

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Many find progesterone difficult or impossible to get on with.

Maybe put 'progesterone' into the search box and see what pops up?