Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: hairloss on estrogen only hrt  (Read 5691 times)

jaycee

Re: hairloss on estrogen only hrt
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2020, 11:18:59 AM »

Sammijane,i am on no HRT at the moment, still got ovaries, no hysterectomy,no thyroid problems, ferritin not too low

Caused by stress initially i was told, but went on livial around the same time, well post meno, so not caused by menopause,had no hairloss at meno, only the last 2 years,
Still pretty stressed but not as much, before it was stress like grief stress

Sammiejane

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »

hi anaise

i'm into nearly 4 weeks and hair still shedding so not sure if the gel was causing it and if maybe it was imbalance at play instead x

as my hair feels thicker at times but i had these tiny fine hairs on my hairline at forehead which since stopping the estrogel seem to be vanishing so maybe it was helping x

my dermatologist has advised i need to give it 3 months minimum but i thought it should be reducing in shedding and in some ways it's worse !

so confused and wish i'd never started hrt

Sammiejane

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2020, 12:23:02 AM »

hi birdy

i hope so x lol it's most distressing being so young x

i was just hoping i guess that if medication was causing it then it should be reducing like anaise mentioned she stopped hers and a week later stopped shedding i guess where all different i'm just a little gutted as few symtoms of meno returning hot flushes and hoping i'm not back at square one in 3 months time i.e lost all estrogen xx

Sooze

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2020, 03:43:43 PM »

Sammiejane,
This may be a shot in the dark but did you say you're a smoker? A friend of mine has just gone into peri, not started HRT yet and is suffering with marked hair loss, and she's been told it could be linked to her smoking. She's not on the pill or anything (partner has had the snip).

She's gutted as she thought she was aware of all the risks, but not this one.  She's tried to stop a few times over the years but I really think this may be the motivation she needs.

Not sure if this has been mentioned to you at all?
HTH,
S x

jaycee

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2020, 11:53:41 PM »

Birdy,if what happened 12 weeks ago causes hair loss,and goes in 12 week cycles,which i was also told by my dermatologist,why isn't it growing in the next 12 weeks,or the 12 weeks after that,
My hair has been shedding for 2 years now
Not growing  back at all.scalp biopsy now in 3 weeks,and doubt it will show anything different :'(

Sammiejane

« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2020, 12:19:10 AM »

hi birdy

have you suffered hairloss or thinning ?

to all u ladies yes i'm a smoker not a heavy smoker 5 a day and have smoked for years but i doubt this is causing my hairloss as i had my ovaries and that removed 5 yrs ago at age 35 and have smoked the last 5 yrs with no hormones as no hrt supplemented for a good 4 of those years and had no hairloss at all infact the opposite my hair grew fast and thicker . my hairloss has only started since initiating hrt !

i've stopped it to see if the gel was making it worse but still shedding so i've decided to try a combined hrt estrogen prog and test at the same time and bring hormones up in balance .

jaycee

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2020, 10:37:50 AM »

I don't believe hair loss is connected with smoking, smoking is blamed for all sorts of things, but i smoked up to about 6 years ago and had no hair loss,
Like Sammijane my hairloss started when i went on HRT but only for the second time
I had previously been on the same hrt years before, and started getting night sweats again, and flushes had never gone,but i also had a lot of stress going on too, so could be a combination in my case
Wish i knew

sheila99

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2020, 02:23:08 PM »

Sammiejane how is your diet? They mentioned on the TV yesterday that they're seeing more people with hair loss because of deficiencies in a vegetarian or vegan diet. If you google it quite a lot comes up.

Sammiejane

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2020, 11:05:23 PM »

hi jaycee

which hrt were you on for years ? not the second time around x

i don't know whether to take all 3 hormones and see or start E and T as progesterone is not needed or start e and p then add testosterone later x

jaycee

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2020, 10:05:07 PM »

Sammiejane when i first went on hrt i think it was called Trisequence,then Prempak, which i think is discontinued and  i stopped that one when i found out it made from horses urine and how they suffered
I then went onto Livial, which is the same one i went on for the second time, but no hairloss at all before this time
I felt really well on it the first time round, but i suppose your own hormones change too, so wont have the same effect probably
Since stopping it though this time i have painful knees,and can hardly get out of bed easily as my lower back aches,
Can't win

Sammiejane

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 12:47:13 AM »

hi jaycee

bless you i feel for u x

it's been a month today i've stopped and hair still shedding i'm gutted it's not worse but not improved which is leading me to think ok maybe it's not the estrogel causing but more of imbalance as in not taking the other hormones even though i have no uterus or ovaries so this will be my next trial and then it will be a case of changing estrogen ! but i feel better mood wise and not as fatigued without estrogen even though my sleep is worse it's strange but flushes at night are back not bad but a couple and can't fall asleep hence why i'm on here lol x i wish i didn't have to go through this at 40 if i could add 10 years i wouldn't be on anything xx
Pages: 1 2 [3]