Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Vaginal discharge  (Read 1791 times)

Kake

Vaginal discharge
« on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:16 AM »

Wondering if anyone has experienced discharge after menopause. My last period was more than 2 years ago, but I've been getting the kind of discharge I had as part of the monthly cycle. It is normal and healthy looking, just unexpected.

I've been using Vagifem for over a year, 3 times a week. No other HRT. My biggest menopause related issue is urinary: severe UTIs, bladder pain etc., but I've been doing OK recently.

So wondering if anyone knows what could cause discharge after menopause. Many thanks.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Vaginal discharge
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 09:35:30 AM »

Hi.  Do read the threads on vaginal atrophy and bladder problems; make notes.

Could it be the vagifem leaking? What goes up has to come down ;-).

Certainly regular 'vagifem' treatment should keep apparent UTIs at bay.  Atrophy mimics symptoms really, really well  >:(

Joaniepat

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:15:50 AM »

Perhaps the Vagifem is working so well that the mucous membrane of the vagina has become healthier and started producing normal secretions. If you are not in any discomfort I wouldn't be concerned.

JP x

Sparrow

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

If it's not smelly or a strange colour, I wouldn't worry.

Kake

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 01:16:35 PM »

Hi.  Do read the threads on vaginal atrophy and bladder problems; make notes.

Could it be the vagifem leaking? What goes up has to come down ;-).

Certainly regular 'vagifem' treatment should keep apparent UTIs at bay.  Atrophy mimics symptoms really, really well  >:(

I hadn't actually thought to take note of when the discharge happens in relation to Vagifem use. That could be interesting. Thanks CLKD.

Kake

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 01:18:31 PM »

Perhaps the Vagifem is working so well that the mucous membrane of the vagina has become healthier and started producing normal secretions. If you are not in any discomfort I wouldn't be concerned.

JP x
I'd love it if that was the case   :) Thanks Joaniepat.

Kake

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »

If it's not smelly or a strange colour, I wouldn't worry.

Of course you're right. It's just strange. Thanks Shadyglade. Nice name btw.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 01:57:32 PM »

Hi Kake...I too have vaginal discharge on Vagifem and I'm 15 years post menopausal.  According to my GP she said it's a good thing.  Means the vagifem is working and as joaniepat mentioned, your vagina is getting healthy.  If not smelly or irritating, embrace it! 

Kake

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 02:44:28 PM »

Hi Kake...I too have vaginal discharge on Vagifem and I'm 15 years post menopausal.  According to my GP she said it's a good thing.  Means the vagifem is working and as joaniepat mentioned, your vagina is getting healthy.  If not smelly or irritating, embrace it!

Thank you, that's very helpful. Good news for once  :)

Sammiejane

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 09:59:33 PM »

kake

i have the same after a year on ovestin mine is really watery though and have extensive investigations around the bladder thinking it was urine but have been experimenting myself and reduced my ovestin to once a week and this has help but i also take systemic hrt and i think that is also helping va symtoms and that combined with ovestin was to much making me permantely damp down below however should i stop systemic hrt i guess i'd need more.
as you take vagifem only have you noticed hair shedding since being on it as be good to know incase i ever need to swap to the vagifem ?

Tinkerbell

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 11:44:19 PM »

I have used Vagifem for 4 years and get light discharge, i was also told that is a good sign that it is working and it certainly is as i rarely get any issues with soreness now.

suzysunday

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »

As long as it's not smelly or a weird colour then some moisture is better than dryness.