Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Changing from Evorel Sequi to Femoston 1/10  (Read 1172 times)

Zara69

Changing from Evorel Sequi to Femoston 1/10
« on: November 27, 2019, 09:01:19 PM »

My GP will only prescribe me these tablets due to the non availability of the patches...my surgery won't prescribe separate gel and prog.  I do have some gel/patches and utrogestan I bought in Spain but how can I confidently use this when my GP will not support me with it? So when my patches run out it looks like I will try Femoston. 1/10 looks to be low dose compared to the patch so should I just start the tablets or would you cut a bit off my remaining patches to wean myself onto a lower dose?  Also has anyone got any good reviews of Femoston especially migraine sufferers? Thank you

Hurdity

Re: Changing from Evorel Sequi to Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 08:33:26 PM »

I'm sorry to hear this Zara. You have a very good case for being prescribed patches or gel + prog as you are a migraine sufferer and tablet route is not recommended. See the info on this website:

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/route.php

This gives indications for non-tablet route. With the current shortage of combi patches your practice should either prescribe an oestrogen patch with separate prog or the gel.

Please go back and make your case. They can override any cost-savings or other excuses and you are entitled to the appropriate treatment of your choice provided the doc can justify on their screen. I would be outraged if my doc tried to insist on my taking tablet HRT. I have NEVER taken any HRT by mouth in 12 + years of using it (exception is a couple of courses of 2 weeks of norethisterone to strip the womb lining).

Femoston has the gentlest of progestogens apart from progesteorne but I still wouldn;t use it with migraines if your preference is for transdermal...

Good luck!

Hurdity x

Zara69

Re: Changing from Evorel Sequi to Femoston 1/10
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:04:59 PM »

Thank you Hurdity... I know you are right.  I might try the oestrogel and utrogestan that I have to make sure I tolerate it ok before trying to insist on them prescribing it...worst nightmare is getting it and then having to say I don't get on with it.....