Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Acne  (Read 797 times)

rhandyside66

Acne
« on: November 24, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »

Any tips on dealing with acne? My skin type is actually dry and so the usual remedies are too harsh for me. It's pretty bad.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Acne
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 05:59:42 PM »

HORMONES  :( anti-biotic therapy for months++ as teens are treated with.  As well as a good skin care regime.

jaypo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 07:07:32 PM »

Have you tried a good vitamin E cream? My daughter has acne,she cleanses and tones but also if you can find an exfoliating wash(without scrubby bits in)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 08:09:01 PM »

I remember using 'clearasil' in my teens ..........

KiltedCupid

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »

Hi rhandyside66 - I used to be a beauty therapist and your skin is tricky. If your current skincare is working, don't change it, just avoid the acneic area and treat it separately. I'd start with a good cleanser like La Roche Posay Toleriane range, available in Boots. Then apply your usual moisturiser excluding spots. To treat the spots you'll need 2 things: a bha also known as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, most chemists sell that under the brand Acnecide.

Personally, I'd start with the Acnecide first as the salicylic can be quite brutal in drying out the skin and making it flake, something you don't need just now.

Apply the Acnecide am and pm, if it starts to look red and irritated, stop the treatment for a couple of days.

Can you give a bit more info on your skin and what your hormones are doing.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 11:58:24 PM »

How long have you been suffering from acne? I have inflammatory Rosacea which looks just like acne but without the scarring so I understand how debilitating it can be.

Taz x