Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Spotting. Should I panic?  (Read 1255 times)

Donnadoobie

Spotting. Should I panic?
« on: November 23, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »

I have had an irritation around my vagina off and on for about a week.  I took a thrush tablet but still mildly irritated.  I already have an appointment on 5th December to discuss VA, as I am pretty sure this is the problem.  I have been using YES VM every 3 days and the last application was on Thursday evening.

Today, when going to the toilet, I noticed some clear discharge in the toilet bowl with some blood in it, not much just a couple of spots.  It is too long after using an applicator for it to be that, as this sometimes nicks, so worried about what it could be.  I feel a stinging sore feeling at the bottom of my vagina, just at the entrance.

Do I need to see the GP earlier, is this likely to be anything sinister?  I had a full gyne exam in June and GP said all was normal.

It is my nature to worry but should I be acting quickly or could this wait until my appointment?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:22:06 AM by Donnadoobie »

Donnadoobie

Re: Spotting. Should I panic?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:20:29 AM »

I'm guessing not to panic then.

Will see my GP ON 5th as planned, log it and show her everything I am using and doing.

Sore today, hoping canesten HC that my GP prescribed last time will do the trick until then.

PinkPepsi

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 01:12:06 PM »

Hi Donnadoobie,

I'm afraid I don't have any advice but I had something very similar a few weeks ago and I went to see my Doctor about it.
She referred me to the hospital where I had a scan and that showed my womb lining was 6.2mm so I had to have a biopsy to check what was going on.
 I'm still waiting on the results and trying not to panic.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 02:37:58 PM »

Good luck pinkpepsi, let me know how you get on.

Machair

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 02:45:20 PM »

Hi Pink Pepsi.

I went for a routine scan to Sonoworld in London a couple of weeks ago privately and was found to have a lining of 6mm. I had a late menopause. I have had a polyp removed last week under GA that was seen on the scan and am waiting for the biopsy results, but the lining was actually too thin to biopsy without perforating the uterus.
I am due to see the consultant this week so will ask him if the 6mm lining is still of concern or not, which might help you, but I think we are all so individual it is difficult to compare.I don't think 6mm is especially thick but is obviously a little over the preferred level.

PinkPepsi

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 03:29:12 PM »

Hi Machair,

Thanks for your reply. When I was at the hospital I was told it wasn't that thick but because it was thicker than they'd expect and I had spotting she wanted to check it out anyway.
There was no mention of polyps so it's just a case of wait and see.
The main problem I have is my impatience because she told the results would be back in a week and it's almost three weeks.

Machair

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 04:17:46 PM »

I know how you feel. I am trying to keep busy but it keeps coming into my mind. He told me 5 to 7 working days and then I would hear from the secretary to make an appointment to go in and talk about the results. It has been the longest week but probably easier than the week before the op!

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 06:35:22 PM »

Hi Donnadoobie - defo no need to panic about a bit of spotting especially as you had a 'scan in June and all OK?! Your visit to doc on 5th Dec will be soon enough to discuss - but yes do mention it then. Can't remember where in meno you are and whether on HRT? If you're not on HRT and not using any local oestrogen and anywhere in peri-menopause eg late or post - then VA is very very likely and you will need some of the proper stuff! Vagifem or estriol cream (or the new Intrarosa).

Hurdity x

Donnadoobie

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.

Post meno, 4 years, 3.5 of which have been problem free!  Not on HRT.

I have had two internal examinations and a colonoscopy in the last 3 months, no scan but there were no abnormal growths or swellings pushing into the vagina or colon and no mass in the stomach. So uterus lining has not been checked. I feel that this is linked to the soreness I have been feeling over the last week, maybe a bit of bleeding from dryness?  Despite the YES.  that is my gut feeling anyway.  Looked very similar to bleeds from nicking myself with the applicator, maybe from scratching?  The blood was  bright red not brown and encased in the discharge, which could have been the YES, as I don't really get any discharge now.  I will mention it but do feel that this is the start of VA.