Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Housing plans - I need to rant  (Read 8830 times)

sheila99

Re: Housing plans - I need to rant
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2019, 01:10:05 PM »

PF I don't think that made it into the manifesto. He wasn't just talking about the right buy, it was to be at a discount. One way to make sure there are no rental properties available! I think I'm fairly safe, I doubt any of my tenants could come up with the deposit unless he's going to give them that too.
 Do you still ride or is your remaining horse retired? I usually think charity begins at home but the working horses in Egypt are in such a dreadful state, there wasn't one I saw that didn't have ribs showing and many were badly lame.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »

PF I don't think that made it into the manifesto. He wasn't just talking about the right buy, it was to be at a discount. One way to make sure there are no rental properties available! I think I'm fairly safe, I doubt any of my tenants could come up with the deposit unless he's going to give them that too.
 Do you still ride or is your remaining horse retired? I usually think charity begins at home but the working horses in Egypt are in such a dreadful state, there wasn't one I saw that didn't have ribs showing and many were badly lame.

thank  god it didn't then Sheila!  We have another house we rent out but our tenants are excellent so I would never get rid of them but I wouldn't want them to have the right to buy it at a knockdown price either.

My daughter still rides but not as often as she used to when my husband rode his horse with her.  I have seen reports about those poor horses in Egypt. It's just awful.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2019, 03:12:37 PM »

There is an international horse charity as well as the Donkey Sanctuary for anyone worried about animals in distress abroad.  Crky, that's a meander  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]