Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Returning after a break  (Read 1806 times)

Wilks

Returning after a break
« on: November 17, 2019, 09:12:50 AM »

Hi, I'm returning to this forum after a break. I didn't want menopause being such a big focus in my life, but amongst my friends there isn't really anyone to talk to about it.

I'm 51 and menopause is leaving no stone unturned in its mission to destroy. I've been taking transdermal patches but thanks to unavailability, I had to switch brands and had trouble getting the dose right, and now I can't get hold of them at all, so I'm on oestrogel, and trying to find the optimal dose for me.

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Returning after a break
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:21:36 PM »

Hi Wilks.
Sorry your struggling. It's a pain isn't it having to stop and  swap over to something else.
I'm on femoston conti, and so far only come across one chemist who can't get hold of it.
Luckily I found one that had them in stock. I'm dreading what the future holds!  It's all trial and error isn't it...but don't do what I did, one day use so much, then because I still felt rubbish, put more on the next day, and so forth, you have to wait at least a few days to see if that dosage will be enough as your levels rise. I used too much too soon and caused bleeding..
You'll get there, it just takes patience and control. I wanted to put loads on everyday just to make myself feel better..😆 but it doesn't work like that...
Good luck. Let us know how your getting on with it.

Jd xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 03:55:19 PM »

Some woman on the News from the British Menopause Society suggested that women should opt to change if HRT runs short.  Yeah. Right!  No mention of having to adjust amounts etc.  >:(

Welcome back. 

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »

Hi Wilks - I remember you!

Sorry to hear you've had problems with patches and dosage. I wonder what you've changed from to? I used Estradot for over 12 years and was changed to Estraderm and was somewhat worried about the effect of this after so long of my patches working - but I needn't have worried as all is well for me, even though they are mahoosive! Presumably you tried altering the dosage of the new patches but to no avail? I tried swapping to gel (Sandrena) a year or two back when patches were getting difficult to get hold of but didn't get on with it - I couldn't get the right dose so swapped back to patches.

Hope you manage to tweak the dose to control your symptoms OK? Let us know...

Hurdity x

Wilks

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 09:35:53 PM »

Thanks for the welcome back
:-)

Hurdity- I was on Estradot for a couple of years, then had to change to Evorel which I seemed to absorb better than Estradot. Now I've been on Oestrogel (3 squirts) for about 3 weeks.
My main issue that's not under control, is feeling sleepy!