Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vagifem Help  (Read 1238 times)

JillC1970

Vagifem Help
« on: November 20, 2019, 12:38:12 PM »

Hi there,
I've just started Vagifem as despite HRT (Estrogel & Provera), all is not well in that area with tearing and repeated thrush.
I am on day 5 and experiencing spotting and wondered if this is normal?
I'm on 3 pumps a day - two in the morning and one at night) and Provera for the last 14 days of my cycle. I'm 49 and have been on HRT for two years now. Started with the Elleste Duet 1mg and then 2mg both of which stopped working. I'm not sure if the Estrogel dose is quite right as I'm losing a bit of hair but also complicated by my 4th dose of shingles which has completely floored me so difficult to tell what is making me feel crap! Just wasn't sure if this spotting is normal or likely to last?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Had a smear in June and all was okay.
Thank you.
Jill x

Tinkerbell

Re: Vagifem Help
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 05:55:57 PM »

Could be that the applicator has caused a bit trauma if you are very dry, are you post meno?

Clarekins

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 03:21:09 AM »

Hi Jill

I haven't  been on here for months but just scrolling back and saw your post.
I read a book called 'my menopausal vagina '  by Jane Lewis and I can't recommend it enough!! Has lots of information and tips. 
I had no idea about vaginal atrophy, given no information post op.
Put it on your Christmas list! ;D

Hope it improves for you

Clare x.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 09:40:58 AM »

Do read our vaginal atrophy threads.  Dryness can mimic 'thrush'.  Appropriate treatment eases symptoms but may take a few weeks.  How much Vagifem are you using nightly?

Sammiejane

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 04:45:04 PM »

jilc1970

hi i'm on estrogel have been one year and have shed a lot of hair lost 50% and have now stopped for 6 days shedding decreased after 3 days and has virtually stopped so i'm at gp wednesday to go on something different otherwise the next 10 yrs on estrogel i will be bold x lol

Anaise

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »

jilc1970

hi i'm on estrogel have been one year and have shed a lot of hair lost 50% and have now stopped for 6 days shedding decreased after 3 days and has virtually stopped so i'm at gp wednesday to go on something different otherwise the next 10 yrs on estrogel i will be bold x lol

Wow, I'm so pleased it's stopped shedding. Mine has too since coming off Estrogel. X

Sammiejane

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 12:52:31 PM »

hi anaise

i just don't know what to go on now !
and also i still don't know if it's unopposed estrogen that causes the hairloss but then women on here have taking progesterone and testosterone too and have had shedding and others on estrogen only haven't had shedding !

have you decided what u going to do ref hrt which one if any !

i need to be on something cause i'm only 40 ! and have gone through this from 35 x only had hrt though from 39 when i started getting symtoms vaginally x

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 02:27:41 PM »

Hi JillC1970...you may have answered your own question when you mentioned "tearing...".  Are you getting small cuts in the V?  Vagifem takes a very looonnngggg time so could be you're still very dry.