Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post menopause bleed - Hysteroscopy ?!?  (Read 2341 times)

suzysunday

Re: Post menopause bleed - Hysteroscopy ?!?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 10:07:30 PM »

Grrr!  I am so cross on your behalf.  They are unfeeling bleep bleeps and should be supporting you and have no right to put you down.  If she feels inconvenience d it's her problem.  Maybe she should get a job behind the scenes so she doesn't have to see patients!  Rant over.  Love to you. X xx

Machair

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 09:36:29 AM »

Hello Piggywiggy

Please please do not feel like a failure you are absolutely not. I have just had this procedure under GA having seen a private top Gynaecologist in London. He told me the absolute kindest way is GA for this procedure. I know I went private so it is difficult to compare, but whatever you do stay strong and keep remembering this is scary and you have a right to be respected and not to feel a failure in anyway.
Even GA is scary it is all scary (more the thought than the actual event) and feeling scared is absolutely normal, but you must fight for what you feel is the right thing for you. I wish you all the love in the world.xx

KiltedCupid

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 10:04:48 AM »

Machair - I echo those sentiments entirely. Often medical professionals can leave us feeling this way and it's entirely unprofessional. I reported the consultant who tried, and failed several times to remove my polyp. Her manner was brusque and belittling, not to mention brutal. We must stand our ground and not be fobbed off because it's inconvenient for the consultant. I'm happy to say that the team I was then referred to, were amazing. Different hospital, different procedures, different attitude.

Piggywiggy - I know you must feel fragile just now, but when you're recovered, speak to your GP, calmly and firmly and explain you want a GA for any future biopsies and give detail of this event. It's not acceptable.

Bobidy

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 11:18:53 AM »

I wish you all the best with this. We all have different pain tolerance and it is an invasive procedure.

I agree the attitudes and information provided seem very hit and miss. Pain relief is a must though and this should always be advised (I wasn't).

Try not to get too worried about it though x

suzysunday

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 06:01:16 PM »

When I found out I could have GA, though it wasn't offered, I asked my GP who contacted the hospital.  A GA was arranged for me with no question which was good. I know I made the right decision.

DebsMK

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2019, 12:19:50 AM »

I had a hysteroscopy under GA a week ago after a failed in clinic attempt.  My hospital just arranged scans and then the first hysteroscopy without even viewing my notes.  If they had done they would've noticed I have cervical stenosis! Anyway between the failed hysteroscopy and the one done under GA, I wrote to the hospital myself asking to speak to a consultant in order to discuss my case.  I guess you could try this and ask for a GA or referrral to a hospital that will use GA.  It's scandalous that treatment options are so different at different hospitals!  I was worried about the whole thing, but it was fine and only mildly uncomfortable afterwards.  Good luck. x

dahliagirl

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2019, 01:20:21 AM »

Ask your GP if local oestrogen might help - lack of oestrogen can cause cervical stenosis, where it atrophies and closes up.

Bobidy

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 08:03:51 AM »

That's another great idea DG.

Apparently being on the contraceptive pill can cause some dryness of the nethers which I never realised.

I wonder if painful smears may be an indicator for a painful hysteroscopy too perhaps?

I don't want to scare anybody though as I know some women have the procedure with no problems and it is important to check what is going on down there.

I think if in doubt have a chat with your gp or nurse beforehand so you can be prepared with some otc pain relief as a minimum. Remember to take a sanitary towel too as you may have a little light bleeding and a lovely hot water bottle when you get home. It should just feel like a bit of period pain for maybe a couple of days, certainly not severe pain.
Pages: 1 [2]