Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: lump on cervix after having mirena coil and other issues  (Read 3346 times)

Ruby10

lump on cervix after having mirena coil and other issues
« on: November 19, 2019, 10:08:44 PM »

I have developed a lump/swelling at the end of my cervix size of a pea only on one side at the bottom of it since i have had the coil fitted for hrt 5 weeks ago. i am waiting for a scan so will know more then.Has anyone else had one of these lumps i know it is not a polyp and it cant be see by the dr only felt.
Also only since having the coil fitted its too painful to use tampons. is this normal? i have been bleeding everyday for 5 weeks like a normal period so reasonably heavy and still lots of cramping.

Hurdity

Re: lump on cervix after having mirena coil and other issues
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 07:25:14 PM »

Hi Ruby

Your post got missed - sorry I can't help with your problem as I have never had a Mirena but hopefully now it's earlier in the evening someone with experience of this might see your post and respond....

Can you yourself feel the lump on your cervix - just wondering how you knew you had something there? I have ( had?) a cervical ectropion a few years ago - no idea whether it went away or what happens to them long term - but it probably caused light bleeding/spotting after intimacy (although doc said that wasn't the cause - but there was nothing else....). Not since though....

However if you are still having problems after insertion of the coil ie pain (bleeding I gather is normal) I would have thought you should be seen by someone sooner to check it is in place OK?

Hopefully a scan will enable to you to find out what's wrong and others will be along soon....

Hurdity x

Ruby10

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »

Hi Hurdity thanks for your reply . I was in so much pain which seemed to be coming from the cervix area more than my tummy area so I checked the coil was still in place but found a lump which I thought was the coil that moved . I went to hospital and saw an emergency gynaecologist and she couldn't see anything and  no inflammation but could feel a lump on my cervix . She didn't think the coil was coming out . I have to wait to have a scan to check the coil is still in place and to see what the lump might be.

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 10:45:07 PM »

That sounds unpleasant  :-\

Do you know how long you have to wait for the scan?

Ruby10

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »

1-2 weeks they think for a scan, they are very busy .

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 07:01:02 PM »

Not brilliant, but I know someone who had a much longer wait after a perforation  :o

Hope it is nearer the one week x