Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 706 times)

GFmom

Advice please
« on: November 19, 2019, 07:56:42 PM »

Hi

I am new here.  I am 51 and had been elleste duet 1mg for quite a few years.  I've had a few health problems also suspected food intolerances.  I came off dairy and had a lot of nausea when trying to go back on it. In between that Dr said they could no longer give me elleste duet as this was in short supply. I couldn't go any other combined HRT as the tablets had lactose in it.  They then put me on evorel sequi patches, which worked ok.  I've now been told last week they can no longer get the patches and the pharmacy can't give me an alternative..  I'm at my wit's end I'm 4 days without, tearful, anxious..  the Dr called me and advised me to go to family planning that they might be able to advise me in alternative s, I called they don't deal with this.. Sorry I've went on... Has anyone been in my situation and can advise?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »

I expect that this will continue until the Government of the Day gets it's Act together?

:welcomemm: hopefully someone will B along with information ........

It is a problem across the UK which should never have happened.  One has to wonder where the GPs have been in all this, did they not realise  :-\

Browse round.  Make notes.  Maybe in the meant time put the names of the products into the search box and see what pops up.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 09:03:53 PM »

What about a different patch or oestrogel? I use oestrogel and have no problems getting it. I think estroderm is available. There's a thread on availability it might be worth looking at then discuss the options with your gp.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 09:32:20 AM »

GFmom - there's online pharmacies available who still have some stock of various patches and they accept NHS prescriptions. Also, if you get on with norethisterone, you could ask your gp to prescribe this in 1mg tab and take another oestrogen alongside it. You could google the name to see if it has lactose in it.