Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 880 times)

ange003

New to the group
« on: November 13, 2019, 11:32:50 PM »

Hi, it's lovely to find a menopause forum. I've read some of the posts and you all sound so kind and supportive.

I'm 49 years old and I believe I am now "going through the menopause". I have been experiencing hot flushes, insomnia, anxiety, palpitations, low mood, bad skin etc etc for over a year. I'm now struggling and feeling rather rubbish.

I do look after myself and exercise 3-4 times a week, generally eat a healthy diet and have lost weight.

I had an endometrial ablation approximately 5 years ago. I'm not on HRT as I haven't wanted to take it but I've had enough and I'm now considering it. However, I don't know what effect this will have on my womb and whether it will cause monthly bleeding - I really don't want this. I have researched it on the internet but can't really find an answer. I've had a quick look through posts on the forum and will continue searching to see if anyone has asked a similar question.

Best wishes

jaypo

Re: New to the group
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 09:04:41 AM »

Hi ange003 and welcome to the forum,sorry to hear how bad you're feeling but don't give up,I'd say DEFINITELY keep up the exercise, I had to stop for a while down to a foot operation and that's when I went downhill,anxiety,depression,just generally awful, I've never been on hrt and fought through it,so I can't really advise you on that side of things but I'm sure someone will be along to advise you soon
If it wasn't for this site I'm not sure how I would've coped,only to know that your symptoms are not unique to you helps a lot so hang in there ;)

ange003

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 04:06:41 PM »

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I had looked sooner for a forum - I don't really know anyone else who is at the same stage of life as me (my friends are all younger). It was so reassuring to read that the symptoms I have been experiencing are 'normal'. It's sad reading about the horrid times that some are having though  :'(

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 04:25:14 PM »

Yep,unfortunately all normal,all the things you've mentioned that you suffer with,yet being told it's “normal” sometimes doesn't help does it?
Make sure you take supplements,especially at this time of year,different things help different women,trial and error really but I take wellwoman vitamins and B12,you can get a blood test from your gp to see if you are deficient,a lot of women take vit D as if you're low in this,it can make you feel generally rubbish.Keep posting and let us know how you are and have a good look round,use the search engine,I'm pretty sure you'll find anything you're looking for  :)