Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Hope this is not a silly question  (Read 1928 times)

Dandelion

Hope this is not a silly question
« on: November 13, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »

I took my oral 100mg utrogestan last night at 11pm and my 100mg vaginal.
This morning around 11.30am I had a normal firm stool.
Then, a few hours later (sorry if too much information) I had another stool and wiped, then had bowel pain like diarrhoea and had another motion, much looser, wiped, and thought all was well, then had a watery yellow motion.
Stools normally firm.
I just passed some thick brown slime and rang nhs 111 and a clinician is getting back to me, not about the utro, about the rectal mucous as I felt it abnormal.
Question, could this diarrhoea mean that my oral utrogestan has not been absorbed into my bloodstream?
Thanks

Peacegirl

Re: Hope this is not a silly question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »

Im sorry i dont have answers but just wanted to say its not a stupid question :) At a guess I'd say not to be concerned if you haven't absorbed the utrogestan as a one off or rarity. What is your concern about non- absorption? Just to be clear though im not clinically trained 😉 Hope you get some answers soon.

Dandelion

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 03:11:27 PM »

Im sorry i dont have answers but just wanted to say its not a stupid question :) At a guess I'd say not to be concerned if you haven't absorbed the utrogestan as a one off or rarity. What is your concern about non- absorption? Just to be clear though im not clinically trained 😉 Hope you get some answers soon.
I'm addicted to Valium and progesterone is cross tolerant to it. Elizabeth Vliet, proponent of natural hrt, expert on menopause writes in her book that progesterone is equivalent to strong benzodiazepine, same family of drug as valium, so missing a progesterone dose would be like missing a big valium dose, big trouble for me.

Peacegirl

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 03:56:36 PM »

I wouldn't worry as a few hours had passed by the time you had diarrhea.
From my days on BC pills, I remember reading that if I had the runs within two hours, the pill efficacy would be affected.
I hope you feel better soon!

That makes sense  :)

Dandelion

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 04:08:57 PM »

I wouldn't worry as a few hours had passed by the time you had diarrhea.
From my days on BC pills, I remember reading that if I had the runs within two hours, the pill efficacy would be affected.
I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks  :)

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 08:59:43 PM »

How are you dealing with the Valium addiction? That must be a right bastard to wean off. I have deliberately a lifer benzos because I have read how tough they are to come off. I hope you have lots of support. X
I am struggling. Can you clarify what you mean when you say you have deliberately a lifer benzos, please? thanks

Dandelion

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 10:04:46 PM »

How are you dealing with the Valium addiction? That must be a right bastard to wean off. I have deliberately a lifer benzos because I have read how tough they are to come off. I hope you have lots of support. X
I am struggling. Can you clarify what you mean when you say you have deliberately a lifer benzos, please? thanks
I don't blame you. OK re typo
Sorry, I failed to notice the ridiculous typo. I meant to say ‘I deliberately avoided benzos'. 🤨

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »

No question on here is silly ;-)

My Dog would have that reaction every morning.  Firm in the garden.  Runny and yellow in the field within an hour.  Then normal.

As for my hormones:  I would get 'the runs' 10 mins. B4 A bleed even if a period wasn't due! 

Turkish delight

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 03:43:15 PM »

There you are CLKD,

I have been missing you  :D

TD

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 03:49:44 PM »

:thankyou:  didn't go far  ;D