Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Light period for 7 days, light blood, dark then light again?  (Read 774 times)

Chihuahuachick

Light period for 7 days, light blood, dark then light again?
« on: November 15, 2019, 02:33:40 AM »

I am 3.5 years into perimenopause. I have been having periods back yo back for 3 years.

All checked by the doctor and ultrasound to be ok.

I have now had a period for 7 days. Only light flow but light blood, dark blood and then light blood again. The flow now is very light to slowing.

Also I didn't have any period cramps from this period.

I.mean I cannot say is this normal because what is normal!!!!!

But if anyone can offer me some info.on the subject then please do.

Hurdity

Re: Light period for 7 days, light blood, dark then light again?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 08:24:53 AM »

Hi Chi chi - not sure what you mean by back to back? Do you mean you have been bleeding continuously? There are treatments for this if it's getting you down - check out the menu under bleeding problems and then treatments: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/heavyperiods.php. If you've had a scan and all is well then it's all part of the joys of peri-menopause. Have you seen this article here which tells you waht's happening in your body: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/magazine/pdf/Article%20-%20Perils%20of%20the%20Perimenopause.pdf . Also make sure you have foods with plenty of iron as well so you don't get anaemic....

A Mirena coil might be an option or one of the combined pills which will regulate your cycle and bleeding, depending on your age? If you have any symptoms like flushes and sweats maybe consider HRT although it may well be too early for this if periods are still very regualr and no other symptoms.

Hurdity x

Chihuahuachick

Re: Light period for 7 days, light blood, dark then light again?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 03:54:08 PM »

Thanks Hurdity.

You are right, basically it is the joys of the peri menopause. I am ok with it.

They told me that back to back was meaning that as I had a period and then fresh blood came within a day after finishing, it meant I was having another period. So two periods together.

I am happy just staying as I am for now, no coils etc and no HRT.

I like to post when anything new happens as I find it supportive. I don't have anyone to talk to, not that I can access as quickly as the forum.

I am hoping to get through without any help, but I totally respect anyone that does have HRT etc.   It's all about getting through whichever way helps.

It's also good to be able to support others on here too, even if it's just encouragement and kindness when anyone is struggling.

XxxxX❤❤