Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Our OH & ageing  (Read 2514 times)

Ju Ju

Re: Our OH & ageing
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 05:44:45 AM »

;D CLKD your DH sounds like mine. He gets out the hoover, plonks it somewhere that he intends to hoover and there it stays, unless I do something. The intention is there......but? He does want to help me particularly as I have little energy, well the intention is there!

My DH is far more romantic and loving now than he ever was when we were young. He rarely showed me affection in public and was shocked when I was upset because he ignored our first wedding anniversary. Now he makes a card, that becomes more elaborate each year. He's booked a table in our favourite restaurant already (somewhat necessary as it's just before Christmas). He didn't have a role model in how to be in a relationship though. His father disappeared to Australia when he was little, leaving poor memories and his stepfather didn't get involved with parenting or being romantic with DH's mum. Now he's a great big softie.

Man caves are essential. My son's old bedroom has been converted into his office. He spends a lot of time in there, working, researching, exercising and generally keeping out of trouble! We both like our space, but we like being around each other as well. Affection is shown in so many little ways. Cuddles, chatting, making cups of tea, just being kind and considerate.

We do a lot of things apart and have separate interests, but we make sure we do some things together. I don't think I ever had unrealistic expectations of a relationship. I knew what I didn't want and what I needed. He can be annoying, but then so am I!  ;D I couldn't cope with someone who was perfect! Cos I'm not!

Sparrow

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2019, 09:05:03 AM »

I must admit I love a day out by myself.  My husband likes to cram as much activity in as possible.  By the time we get home I'm exhausted.  I like to do things slower and be more spontaneous.

Sparrow

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 10:08:01 PM »

Mine reversed into our full garden waste bin.  It was at the bottom of the drive and was knocked clean over.  Luckly no damage.

He has previous.  Last time he took out a wing mirror
 ::) ;D
Pages: 1 [2]