Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeds getting shorter on everol 75 and utrogeston  (Read 678 times)

Jennijx

Bleeds getting shorter on everol 75 and utrogeston
« on: November 17, 2019, 07:46:22 AM »

Morning ladies,

I am 37 years old and have been on everol 75 patches and utrogeston 200mg (12 days a month) for just over a year. I started off with bright red bleeds that actually flowed. Something I realised I hadn't experienced for years and felt great.
Over the next few months, the bleeds turned dark brown and became thicker with clots. I accepted this as it was pretty much how it was prior to hrt.
Now another change which has confused me - the 'bleed' is so short and light. Panty liners are sufficient and I could wear the same one all day.

Do you think this is okay or is it an indication my regime needs to be changed?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes

Jenni

Jennijx

Re: Bleeds getting shorter on everol 75 and utrogeston
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:47:55 PM »

This really short light bleed (4 days) has also brought with it the worst PMT. I feel so sorry for my kids & husband. My emotions are all over the place 🙈

Orangefoot

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:54:18 PM »

I have progesterone via the Jaydess IUS as utrogestan made me mad. I have 75mcg patches too and after a year my bleeds are down to very very light  barely a puddle in the mooncup each day for about 4 days like you. My cycle is getting longer again to way over 30 days after getting to only 25 days before HRT. I think it's all normal!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 04:57:00 PM »

Hi Jennijx

What were your periods doing before you started HRT ie how long was your cycle and what were the bleeds like and how often? If they are dwindling then maybe you are further towards menopause, and so your womb lining is not thickening so much - especially as you are taking the regular amount of progesterone. Is this orally or vaginally? Also how do you feel on this regime generally. If your bleeds do tail off and symptoms start to return you could maybe ask to increase your oestrogen dose as you are still very young?

The pmt is most likely due to the progesterone tihdrawal, if not your own natural cycle? Right pain it is too!

Hurdity x

Jennijx

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »

Thank you both for replying.

Prior to hrt the gap between my periods had gradually increased. Bleeds were light, dark brown and full of clots. Sometimes skipping a month or two. It was impossible to predict. And then nothing for about 6 months before I started hrt. By which point I had full on hot sweats, migraines, mood changes, brain fog and vaginal atrophy. And I was finally diagnosed.

I suspect this began 7 years ago so maybe i am entering the post menopausal zone.

I take the progesterone orally and generally feel pretty well (although who remembers what normal feels like any more!).

It's good to know there is scope to increase my oestrogen. Although I may well wait until the hrt shortage clears up. I have gathered a little supply and don't want to complicate things any further.

It's all such a minefield and almost impossible to get an opportunity to talk things over with my GP. So I really appreciate your advice thank you xx