Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bleeding..help!!!  (Read 928 times)

Nettie3070

Bleeding..help!!!
« on: November 15, 2019, 04:38:07 AM »

Hi everyone..please help!...Im 49..started on continuos utorgesteron and 2 pumps of gel in August as I was having very bad mood swings and consultant said continuous regime may stop the mood fluctuations.I had a heavy bleed and then nohiing more until this month.Missed one day of gel and started spotting brownish blood and then after a few days missed one dose of utorgesteron and now have a very heavy with clots period for over a week now. Can anyone advise me if this is expected with what Ive explained and what can anyone advise.Thinking if stopping altogether😢😢..x

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding..help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:07:32 PM »

Hi Nettie3070

:welcomemm:

Your post got missed - they soon drop off the page!

You may not know where you are in menopause now that you've started this regime but as it was in August then what was happening in the months leading up to this should tell you. First off what was your cycle doing before you started this regime? It is a continuous combined HRT (albeit separate oestrogen and progesterone) so this is designed for post-menopause ie without a natural period for 12 months. If you weren't at this stage and as you say you were given this to prevent mood swings, then your own cycle will carry on in the background and you will get bleeding at odd times until you reach menopause.

You have started bleeding now because for whatever reason your lining has built up while you were taking the gel (or due to your natural cycle) and stopping the progesterone causes the lining to be shed - even if only one day, if the lining is thick enough (or it could also have been due to post-ovulation and your own prog falling too?).

If this heavy bleeding is unusual to you I would check it out with the doctor to put your mind at rest and you may be referred for a scan. Hpwever if you are still peri-menopausal the scan measurements will depend very much on the stage in your cycle that it is taken....best done straight after a bleed if possible when it is at its thinnest.

Hurdity x