Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: On Vagifem daily now bleeding  (Read 1388 times)

Whatsupwiththis

On Vagifem daily now bleeding
« on: November 12, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »

I am long past menopause (68 yrs. old) and was put on Vagifem daily for VA.  This afternoon I starting spotting!  What???  Is this common with Vagifem? 

Hurdity

Re: On Vagifem daily now bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 04:50:30 PM »

Hi Whatsupwiththis

How long have you been using the Vagifem? It could just be the trauma of inserting those plastic applicators on very thin and fragile vaginal tissues - which they will be at your age ( and time since menopause).

Just checked and here is what it says in the product info:

"Intravaginal applicator may cause minor local trauma, especially in women with serious vaginal atrophy."
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5719/smpc

If it persists or if you are worried then do consult your doc. Don't stop using it though....

Hurdity x

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 06:50:10 PM »

Thx Hurdity...that was what I thought.  Today there isn't any spotting so think I inserted Vagifem a little off the mark and caused trauma.  Nice to know there are other women with same issues who can provide their expertise.  Still trying to sort out this VA at my age and finding Vagifem is FINALLY offering some relief so don't want to go off of it.
Cheers and thx again.

suzysunday

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 07:42:26 PM »

Yes, hope things settle down for you.  I found VA very difficult to come to terms with. I use ovestin, like vagifem but s cream.  You really have to keep on top of it.

Whatsupwiththis

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 08:58:55 PM »

So true Suzysunday.  I'm finding out the hard way that this dang VA is much more problematic than what was explained to me by Dr.  Thx all.

suzysunday

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:57:23 AM »

Ask whatever you need on this forum.  It's helped me so much these last few years. X