Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: this perimenopause is so unpredictable, does it get easier though  (Read 915 times)

Countrygirl

I guess this is like asking how long is a piece of string, but I've been going through this hell for more than a year now and just when I think things may be settling down a little for a few days off it goes again and the anxiety follows and goes through the roof.

I'm getting to the stage that I don't think life is ever going to be the same or anything like near it again as I seem to have lost myself in the midst of it somewhere.

There are a few ladies on here that give me hope with their journeys, but I feel like I'm existing not living and am so ashamed of this person I've become x
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:40:02 PM by Countrygirl »

jaypo

Re: this perimenopause is so unpredictable, does it get easier though
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 08:59:16 AM »

Hi CG 👋
You'll get there,I'm 56 now 😢 and have gone through the anxiety and depression (I'm not on hrt) and felt like you,what's the point🤷‍♀️ We think we look different or look rubbish but we don't,we only think we do,keep looking after yourself,we need it more as we age,life probably WON'T ever be the same again,but it's just a new chapter, I mean,we change from being a child to a teen,do you feel the same as you'd did as a child'then from a teen to an adult,it's just embracing the new you,I ALWAYS try to look my best when I go out,I still notice the odd glance from men,so keep at it girl, I have a good friend on this site and she too looks fabulous so please don't give up,it WILL get better 💖

Countrygirl

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »

Thank you Jaypo, you were one of the first ones to give me hope when I first came on here 😘 I think you just get battle wary especially as the whole process is just so drawn out and the lack of knowledge with gps has been a real eye opener too x

AgathaC

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 11:20:51 AM »

Hello Countrygirl. I think we are similar in age. I am 47 and 3/4 years into peri. I can't think I will ever be the same again but I am getting used to my “new normal”. I don't feel anywhere near as good as I used to in any area of my life and certain changes for me are a daily challenge (health anxiety mainly). But, yes, let's hope that we will get back to living again one day, rather than just existing xxxxx

jaypo

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »

I think,as women,although we don't meet etc we are all in the same boat,it's just good to help each other through this.I'll never forget the kindness I was shown on here when I first joined and it helped me more than some of the ladies on here know.Believe me,I was BAD,could barely get out of my bed,health anxiety kicked it off and it spiralled but,hopefully I'm through the other side and I hope you get there,I'm sure you will,it's hard work mind you but I just decided I couldn't spend the rest of my life like that.
Have you been to a GP?I was offered ADs surprise surprise but they weren't for me but they do help some women
Anyway,good luck and keep posting :tulips: