Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: How long would you give an oestrogel increase time to work?  (Read 1419 times)

vintagefiend

How long would you give an oestrogel increase time to work?
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:37:43 PM »

Hi there-
(me again!)
I wrote a couple of weeks back re v depressed mood and low oestradiol (blood test confirmed) despite 2 pumps oestrogel for almost 3 months.
Got some really sound advice- thank you- and as a result increased to 3 pumps.
I am not as horribly depressed as I was -and initially it worked very well for mood- but i really seem to be slipping.
It's two and a half weeks since i increased to 3.
Should i go to 4? or should i be giving the increase the full 3 months to work- like you do with initial dose?
my bloods were 150 but i suspect they actually became lower as felt more and more depressed in the days after blood test.
so it's likely that 2 pumps oestrogel couldn't even sustain 150 and therefore an extra pump still won't be enough.
hope that makes sense- i don't mean to get too bogged down in the numbers it's just the feeling that my mood is going down is v worrying.

KiltedCupid

Re: How long would you give an oestrogel increase time to work?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 04:56:04 PM »

Hi vintagefriend - if you've been on hrt a while and you know the parameters, I'd go up to 4, you'll know pretty soon if it's working or too much and you can drop down a bit again. Do you have any other symptoms of low e? Mood is the hardest symptom to tackle I've always found. I know you talked about T in your last thread and personally, that makes a big difference for me, but like you say, get your E levels steady and take it from there.

vintagefiend

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »

Hey Kilted-
thanks for responding to both my threads!!
yes, i think i'll trust my judgement that at the moment i don't have very good levels of oestrogen (for my age) and bump it up.
and will def try T when this is better sorted as it's pathetically low!
the only other symptom i have is lethargy! and poss my reflux is starting again- i'm on anti-dep which controls flushes anyway- but, yeah, i'm just soooo knackered
cheers for understanding :)

Ladybt28

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 06:18:40 PM »

Yes up it vintagefiend,, I would say it will help.  When you get to use testosterone you may need to drop the gel again by half a pump or so as some of the testosterone converts and helps with oestrogen levels.  When I started using testosterone I got sore boobs because I was using it regularly until the levels built up.  I dropped it back to twice a week on testosterone and the sore boobs went way.  Its a balance, you either drop the oestrogel half a pump and use testosterone more regularly or keep the oestrogen level and drop back the use of the testosterone - its so personal to your body depends how your react to this stuff.

Some of us just need more gel to balance things out, don't worry try and see how you go.  T certainly helped me with my lethargy, and interest in sex, not so much with mood though - as kiltedcupid says moods a tough one.

KiltedCupid

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »

Vintagefriend - please keep us updated on your increases. Some ladies are reluctant to increase but it may be dodgy absorption that's causing your problems and increase is the only way manage it. I certainly felt like that on oestrogel.

vintagefiend

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 05:24:06 PM »

thanks, Ladybt28 for the encouragement and all the info regarding testosterone- will def be refering to that when the time comes.!
And, Kilted, I will certainly report back- and if this doesn't work i'll def look at patches. Thanks again.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 02:26:29 PM »

Hi,
I cranked mine up to about 4-5mgs. Took about 3 months, still a few odd bits but on the whole= yaaaay.

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 05:03:57 PM »

That's good to hear Sgtvhilts as you were having a bit of a time of it in the beginning. x :great:

vintagefiend

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 11:12:10 AM »

Thanks SGTVHILTS- good to know

A very early update is that I'm going to pare back the 4 v slightly to 3.5 pumps as feeling quite overwhelmed with oestrogen!! V sexual dreams :o not the worst thing in the world but feeling quite edgy when awake!
i'll prob end up on 4 ultimately but I'll take it a little more slowly.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »

Ldybd28- yep I sure was- but I ground away at it , refused to be ‘fobbed off' and bingo got there in the end. The worst was the insomnia and night sweats- they have completely gone. Anxiety/cotton wool head- has gone, I cannot believe the impact low Oestrogen has particularly on mental health.

Vintage- yep, I had those type of dreams as well, I was't complaining 😂. Now that the insomnia and sweats have settled down , so have they.....

heavenlyblue

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 12:40:38 PM »

I'm going to pare back the 4 v slightly to 3.5 pumps as feeling quite overwhelmed with oestrogen!! V sexual dreams :o not the worst thing in the world but feeling quite edgy when awake!

Edgy.....is one word for it...………... :o ;D

vintagefiend

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »

;D ;D