Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Now seen Tina Peers - Histamine Intolerance and meno  (Read 4556 times)

Foxylady

Re: Now seen Tina Peers - Histamine Intolerance and meno
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »

RebJT, so pleased that you are now getting answers and things are falling into place for you. I hope you continue to notice an improvement in your symptoms and get some relief from these horrendous symptoms. I'm glad you joined a mast cell support group, I know how supportive they were to me when I was being investigated for MCAS. My allergy/histamine symptoms have massively reduced since starting HRT. Out of interest I've been reading The Magnesium miracle and Carolyn Dean talks about magnesium deficiency causing elevated histamine & the more deficient you are the more elevated the histamine levels are. It's worth thinking about & even if your bloods are within normal range for magnesium it doesn't mean you aren't deficient, the tests done are not reliable and a bit like the thyroid just because your levels are within the normal range doesn't mean you don't have symptoms. I have been taking magnesium supplementation for a while now but after reading Carolyn's book I don't think I've been taking the right dose for me so hopefully I can get even more benefit & fingers crossed my insomnia sorted!!! All the best RebJT. x

RebJT

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 10:37:07 PM »

Thanks all

Concur with all above.  In no partic order. Zantac is withdrawn, rantidine is the generic, she was careful to specify that.  MCAS is extremely rare, mast cell wobbles (over activation) into peri are common, 25% of all female patients she estimates, and they will (or should) settle once the mast cells are stabilised, which is the purpose of her regime, it's the peaking estrogen that sets it off, partic if you have other health things going on, which I do. Frankly I don't care what drugs I'm on or how many, couldn't carry on like I was, the plan isn't for ever, just to get the 'histamine bucket' to a tolerable level that you can live a normal life and cope with emergencies.  Should, for most, resolve if you look after yourself.

Magnesium, yes I know, it's brilliant stuff (not read that book though, may have it somewhere!) that was one of her supplements but I already take loads, and do epsom salt baths and use skin cream.  I like Magnesium chloride. It's an important component in thyroid.  Also helps me sleep, and important for bones along with D and K2.

I also have methylation issues (so folic acid kicks these symptoms off) and I see a func med doc for that, but I read in her notes she gave me that methylation and this are connected in ways that my GCSE in biology make it impossible for me to understand!  But that was gratifying to know, that I was in the right ball park with that too.  I take a lot of very partic b vits, in the right order and still can only tolerate tiny doses of folate.  B6 important for this and hormones too.

Agree women's healthcare isn't joined up, women are like an orchestra playing a symphony, hormones are crucial to how well we feel, and if you've read your Caroline Criado Perez, you'll know that medicine doesn't give a shit!  The blantant misogyny we have to battle makes my blood boil. 

You're lucky you found a good endo, my life has been their hands for a decade, bar one (utterly brilliant one, but came to blows and then kissed and made up with him), they are all barbarians, I buy bioidentical thyroid hormones from the states and do it myself, had enough of those b@stards trying to kill me and telling me I'm imagining it.

Feeling buzzy today, but that's par for the course as period almost here, she said it'd take a couple of months for it to really feel better, it's better already but do feel a bit jacked up today.

I'm just relieved to find a doctor who is willing to be a partner, I get the impression I could go back and she'd help me puzzle it out, it helped that I already had worked most of it out, I'm quite a motivated patient!

I've also got to order some more supplements, but am already on first name terms with my amazon driver and skint, so that'll have to wait til pay day.

Thanks all,

Rebecca

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 09:58:29 AM »

I also had in the back of my mind that ranitidine has been withdrawn.

Can someone explain - in none GCSE terms  ;D - what mast cells are  : A new thread maybe? I'm well lost otherwise  ::)

RebJT

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »

No, Zantac.  And I linked an explanation to mast cells when you first asked up thread.

Reb

paisley

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 01:39:29 PM »

Rebjt
I found your post very interesting in relation to the histamine. I am getting terrible allergies at the moment & also when I get a cold it seems far worse than anybody else's. I will read more into it. Thanks for the post
Pages: 1 [2]