Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Itchy blotchy chin!  (Read 952 times)

alibeau

Itchy blotchy chin!
« on: November 20, 2019, 10:19:38 AM »

Hi,

I switched from Femoston 1/10 to 2/10 on Sunday.  I was suffering with spots on my chin at the time but since then the spots have gone but I am left with quite big raised itchy red blotches?!?! Never had anything like it before? My whole chin is itching like crazy and looks terrible!

Do you think this will pass? Is there anything over the counter I could use to help?

I should also add that my daughter passed away suddenly in April, it should have been her 16th birthday tomorrow so tensions are obviously high at the moment and I have felt over the past 7 months that as one of my physical grief symptoms passes it is replaced with a new one.  My chest flutters & palpitations are hugely improved since I started taking Magnesium a few weeks ago (the relief has been almost life changing without wanting to sound dramatic!).....

So I am unsure if my chin is due to new HRT (is that even possible?) or a new symptom of grief?

Any thoughts/remedies would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ali x

Annie0710

Re: Itchy blotchy chin!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 11:10:00 AM »

Aw Ali so sorry for the loss of your young daughter, god knows how you even start to rebuild after such a tragedy x

I'm not sure about your symptoms but what sprung to my mind was an allergic reaction ? I guess trying antihistamines would give you the answer whether it is or not

Massive hugs to you and hope you manage to spend tomorrow how you want xxxx

Tc

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 12:02:09 PM »

Alibeau. The chin is notorious for hormonal outbreaks  Did you put anything on the spots that might have dried the skin out and caused it to itch?

Just a thought but, when I'm run down i get cold sores (herpes)? On my chin rather than the more common site of lips and mouth. it's very very itchy.  The spots come up as raised lumps initially and  mine usually form a yellow head.which crusts.  But it leaves skin dry afterwards. Once the initial spots have gone the cold sore cream isnt  effective, And I wouldnt recommend you use it without getting it checked out first anyway.

But as annie says it could simply be a new  allergic reaction. Our bodies do strange things under the stress of grief. Mine certainly did. Our immune systems seem to take a battering. 

So it might just hopefully be a one off.  Theres creams for dry itchy skin but it's difficult to say without seeing it. So might I suggest you let a pharmasist take a look. They might be able to recommend something appropriate  to use..

I'm glad the magnesium has helped.

Much love TC xx

dahliagirl

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 10:48:15 PM »

I was going to ask if you had used anything on the spots - I used to use benzoyl peroxide and it itched like crazy.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »

Have a huge  :bighug:

I expect it's the product.  Some may be allergic to the fillers rather than the active ingredient.  Drying out of the body, inside and out, is common as oestrogen levels drop off.

As an aside, the dimple in my chin under the lower lip itches like fury++ when my allergies are bad.  Within hours I begin sneezing  ::) with tongue itching the roof of my mouth.  I can't see a connection to dimple and allergy warning.

Did U light a candle for your DD?