Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT and check-ups  (Read 1227 times)

Cocobra

HRT and check-ups
« on: October 27, 2019, 10:22:11 PM »

Dear All,

I've now been on HRT for a good number of years (first Utrogestan and Elleste Solo and now Evorel 50 and Conti patches), since I was 42 (am now 47). Apart from a uterus biopsy for unexplained bleeding and mammogram, I have never done any tests (e.g. blood to check my hormone levels) or other check-ups. When I asked why, my gynaecologist explained that HRT is managed on the basis of symptoms, which he asks me for at every yearly review.

My sister in law, however, who is in the US and on HRT, tells me that I should have some blood test every now and then to see how I am doing while on HRT.

What has everyone else's experience been on the matter?

Many thanks in advance for any views and sharing experiences.

Taz2

Re: HRT and check-ups
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 01:04:24 AM »

I've been on it for twelve years and have never had my levels checked.

Taz x

Spangles

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 05:06:18 AM »

Hi,
I've never had my levels checked either. However, when you think absolutely it, levels will never be true whilst on hrt, because it is supplementing our own hormone. I think th only way that levels can be properly checked is if there is no hrt present.
Spangles
xXx

PeriPagan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 07:03:32 AM »

My GP sends me for blood tests approx. every 6 months, especially when I present with worsening peri symptoms.

Never had my FSH levels checked though, I'm on Cerazette though so its 'a waste of time checking them' in the words of one GP!

I'm also on an Anti-D that can screw with my thyroid and liver so I don't object too much!  ;)

Emerald2017

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:27:11 AM »

I have my hormones checked twice by my own because of my fear if my estrogen dose is too high for me. My gyn and my endocrinologist said that the results are not accurate and if I have no symptoms that means that my hormonal state is ok.

Cocobra

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 11:19:45 AM »

Dear All,
many, many thanks for your views and sharing your experiences. And Apologies for delayed reply: a bit crazy working rhythm ... At the moment I'm a bit at a loss since Evorel Sequi patches are nowhere to be found in the UK ... I don't know quite what to do!

Have a good day, everyone!