Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Estate Agents  (Read 3274 times)

sheila99

Re: Estate Agents
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »

Even here in the frozen (well, sodden) North we have phones. No need for a visit at all though of course you do need to contact the agent a to arrange a viewing. Could you arrange a stooge to do a viewing and see how they perform? It might be done by someone who doesn't really care rather than someone keen to get a sale.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 02:25:07 PM »

OOOHHHH   ;D .......... good idea  :thankyou:  R U up for it  :D will suggest it to DH.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 04:32:53 PM »

Yep.  We have decorated most of the rooms, there is furtniture appropriately, in fact it looks much brighter since DH slapped a brush around.

Hits on Rightmove mean nowt.  I could hit every day, several times a day. We get a graph monthly but most of the hits are mine or friends round the World.  There is no way that those graphs can determine who is hitting.

I think a lot of people are window shopping and feel that they have to give a comment instead of simply telling the Agent that the house isn't for them.  If those that considered the alterations they proposed to do really wanted it ........... one couple bought 'down the road' but haven't moved in yet.  Don't know what their hold up is but we aren't in a chain ;-).

Although Agents promise an update it rarely happens.  There isn't enough interest for an Open Day - in the Spring we will review the situation. It's the lack of kerb appeal I think .....

littleminnie

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 05:45:53 PM »

littleminnie - when we go into the Agents there are people in and out  :-\

They have to go into an Agent in order to contact the vendor.  It can't be done via Rightmove ........... they direct potential buyers/sellers to the Agents who advertise on their portal.

Connells - tnx!  Had forgotten about them.

Son has just sold and bought a house, everything was done by phone/email then the solicitor for the signing.

sheila99

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2019, 06:13:55 PM »

OOOHHHH   ;D .......... good idea  :thankyou:  R U up for it  :D will suggest it to DH.
Happy to oblige if it's anywhere near me...
If it has no kerb appeal could you change the main pic to the garden or a nice room? Might also make it look more like a new ad.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 08:26:20 AM »

It will be interesting to see what happens after Brexit.

Such helpful insights from you all  :thankyou:  what's with grey these days  :D my builder and I were discussing the very issue last week.

It is 'straight up and down' from the front.  The Agents do alter the photos on the front of the advert.   Many people in the area know of the property as my parents were professionals involved with village Life.  Also we get told that people are looking to move out of the Cities and the village is in commuter distance: well actually, on a fine day it might be but in the ice, snow, hail  ::). In an area with little local industry and senior schools are 12 miles away. 

It has a lovely garden though over-grown as we aren't there to sort it regularly.  It does it's own thing  :D

No I wouldn't buy it  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2019, 04:48:35 PM »

A viewing last week: downstairs rooms are too small ......... well knock down a wall ?  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 08:27:25 AM »

Yep.  Time will tell  :D
Pages: 1 [2]