Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Post meno and getting cramp ect  (Read 1932 times)

Butterfly22

Post meno and getting cramp ect
« on: November 07, 2019, 06:50:30 PM »

Evening ladies, I'm on the 100 estrederm patch a take one ustrogen every night. This month I've been getting horrible cramp and now a slight period which is dark. I'm basically getting very hormonal as of my body is having a cycle but I'm sure I asked about this a while ago (I've been through my posts but can't find it) and the answer was no I should not have a period.
Is this normal or something I should see the doctor about ? Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Post meno and getting cramp ect
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 08:11:58 PM »

Put the product name into the search box?  Make notes? 

Sometimes I feel crampy and it's years++ since I had a period but I"ve never been on HRT.  Maybe your hormones are over-riding .....

Butterfly22

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 08:32:23 PM »

Thanks CLKD, it's years since I have so really weird, in the last 15 I've maybe had three or four. Xx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 08:48:03 AM »

Hi Butterfly22

Sorry to hear about your cramping. If the bleeding is unusual for you and you have been on this regime for some time without problems, then best to go along to doc just to get checked out.  Exactly - if you are post-menopause on conti HRT then you should not get a period. I think you are now past the average age of menopause I think and have been post since your 20's? Sorry have forgotten all the details!  However as you are on a high dose oestrogen (assuming you are absorbing it well) it could be that the 100 mg Utro per night is not sufficient to keep the lining thin so you could be experiencing a bit of breakthrough bleeding? Or - maybe your prog levels dropped briefly for some reason (are you taking it orally?) and a bit of the lining has shed (although the prog should ideally be keeping it thin). All sorts of weird things can happen to our bodies especially during and after menopause and taking HRT but probably best to make sure all is well by making a GP appt?

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »

Hi Hurdity,
Yes that makes sense, I have been since early 20's and do take the progesterone orally.
I'll make an app just to get it checked as had endometriosis before so could be
A few things I guess.
Thanks for explaining and giving a few reasons as I just wasn't sure xx

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »

I'd forgotten about your endometriosis. Let us know how you get on as it will be helpful also for others to know.

All the best Butterfly

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 12:41:33 PM »

Thank you I will do, app not until the 19th but will let you know, thank you for your help 😚xx

Butterfly22

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 09:52:40 AM »

Morning ladies,
Just an update, the doctor agreed I should not be having a bleed on my routine but after explaining  I don't mind a bleed (makes me feel more normal if that makes sense) we decided I should take the progesterone day 1-25 and the few days I stop I should be having a bleed.
She said if it happens again go back as may need a scan which I thought when I left well it will if changing my routine to have a bleed.
Now more confused as come on another period yesterday and not changed anything yet. 🥴

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 06:38:22 PM »

Thanks for the update Butterfly. In the circumstances - I would go back and say you would like scan just to check all is OK due to the bleeding before you had even started the new regime. Best to have a scan immediately following the bleed. Try to get an early appt (ie sooner rather than later) so this can happen ( a scan). Hopefully you might get a fast referral to check it out. If all is well then the idea of 25 days Utrogestan out of 28 sounds like a good plan?

Hurdity x

Butterfly22

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I've called the doctors to see what she will say.
Xxx

Butterfly22

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »

Well the doctor never called so I googled (😬) bleed post meno and was worried what I read due to endometriosis to.
So I called the doctors this morning and they said the doctor said it's fine as end of the month so body in sink with a cycle!
No scan so hope maybe just as I'm on high oestrogen x