Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to vagifem - mood plummeted?  (Read 4378 times)

Cookie25

Re: New to vagifem - mood plummeted?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 06:01:01 AM »

Ladies it feels that every day on vagifem is bringing new symptoms that I didn't have before.

The cramps and backache has continued and for the last two nights on top of my usual hot restless legs I've had that crawling itvhing sensation which I didn't have before.

Last nights new symptoms were scarier. I woke very warm during the night with my heart poundirg in my ears and my breathing very fast. I'm not sure how long I lay awake with the sensation but I eventually got back to sleep. When I woke at 530 I still had the sensation albeit much milder.

Can anyone shed any light on these symptoms?
Thanks
Cookie xxxxx

pepperminty

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 08:25:39 AM »

Hi,

everyone is different. If you feel that vagifem is the cause then perhaps stop taking them and see if it stops? I would suggest joining Jane Lewis vaginal atrophy group on FB for further information. Normally estrogen is the feel good hormone and progesterone causes the issues. I hope it settles for you soon

PMX

Cookie25

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 11:05:08 AM »

Thanks Pepperminty

I’ll see how tonight goes. I’ll also check out the Fb group thank you x

I’ve today had visual disturbance of a migraine threatening so the saga continues!

Wow I’m really wondering what on Earth I’m going to be like on the patches if I’m getting these symptoms due to just vagifem!

I’ll keep you all posted x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 11:54:56 AM »

Stop the 'vagifem' for 3 nights.  See whether those symptoms ease.  If you are having painful cramps take pain relief? 

I had treatment for breast disease in the 1990s and my GP didn't hesitate in prescribing 'ovestin'.  I couldn't have lived with the razor-blade feelings up there so I had to use something!  The initial loading of every night for 2-3 weeks then every 4th and 6/7th nights once the symptoms ease, shouldn't cause problems.

If you get the need2P symptoms, take 'nurofen' which relaxes the bladder spincter and stops the irritation.
Pages: 1 [2]