Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crafting  (Read 2391 times)

AgathaC

Re: Crafting
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 08:16:39 PM »

Calligraphy for me.
I write out poems or quotes that are appropriate for occasions or particular people, and then I frame them and give them as gifts.
And I like wrapping things spectacularly which sounds weird but I love to make something out of nothing. I suppose that's what calligraphy is. Just ink and paper.
But I'd love to sew like my mum does.
I think I might take up a bit more crafting, inspired by you ladies.

Viwi

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »

CLKD - sadly with my both devils doing anything, is sometimes impossible :D When I let them run free at home, I need to watch them all the time! Cables, wool, kids toys, furnitures - they want to play with and taste everything!!! Few times I had to defend them from my husband - I told him that I'm letting them go and Lucifer is sitting right beside him, he said OK and 1 min later he shouted at him cursing - he ate cable for his hedset... Luci almost ended as a hat XD

My kids love to work with clay. I wouldnt mind if not for the smell.. this fast dry clay smell horrible. I like when they create cute things, but when they do - whole house just stink - I cant take it  :-\

Tc

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 09:00:28 AM »

I cant knit. I'm left handed and my right handed mum and nan gave up on me. I managed to make  a scarf which started off 8 inches wide at the top and ended up 2 inches wide at the bottom!!.  Mum had a knitting machine in the 70s.. It looked extremely complicated to me.  But she sat doing it in front of TV too. X
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 09:02:47 AM by Tc »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »

When we were at Bird Fair in August I picked up a card then lost it  ::).  Turned up this morning:

www.francesduant.com

She does wonderful art with felt!  If I had room on the wall I would have invested.  Maybe next year.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2019, 09:26:34 AM »

I was looking at lace work at a fair on Sunday and wondered whether any of you have every tried making lace on a pillow?  Seems really complicated!

Two hoots

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 01:11:21 PM »

Kirsty from Location, Location, Location has done craft programmes, I love watching them.  The crafts people are so talented, I remember one in particular doing paper cutting, it was fabulous  :) I really like the felting projects, I'd love to have a go.  I think the programmes are on in December are show lots of Christmas crafts, but I seem to remember one series going to village shows.

Tinkerbell

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2019, 03:04:18 PM »

CLKD....My mum took up lacemaking when she retired, also went to a club where she learnt how to do it.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2019, 03:20:26 PM »

It fascinates me.  All those pins and how fast they work!

lili65

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2019, 04:05:46 PM »

I like cross-stitching, drawing and making beaded angels
xxxx
lili
Pages: 1 [2]