Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can't get everol patches  (Read 1876 times)

Janeydrew

Can't get everol patches
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:08:58 AM »

Hi all I have been on everol patches for a while now and have had no problems after trying numerous pills which don't agree with me... now the dr has said I can't have them anymore as they can't get them so what can i ask for please help

Countrygirl

Re: Can't get everol patches
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 08:14:37 AM »

Janeydew I was given the choice of a oestrogen patch by another brand like estraderm (check with local pharmacies what ones they have in stock) or change over to the gel till they are back in stock. It's looking like at least April next year x

Janeydrew

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 08:38:02 AM »

Can I just take the gel? I still need progestin sorry for spelling mistake

Countrygirl

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 10:21:12 AM »

Ah if you you are on the evorel conti or sequi yes you will need to take a form of progesterone x

Janeydrew

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 01:56:43 PM »

Sorry for the question does anyone know what can i ask for I need the equivalent to the patches estrogen and progestin bit not in a tablet form any suggestions please

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 02:20:48 PM »

Hi all I have been on everol patches for a while now and have had no problems after trying numerous pills which don't agree with me... now the dr has said I can't have them anymore as they can't get them so what can i ask for please help
  They can still be ordered from the Independent Pharmacyhttps://www.theindependentpharmacy.co.uk/menopause-hrt/evorel-conti-patches

You won't have to pay if you send an NHS prescription (except standard prescription charges).

I have just emailed my surgery asking for a further prescription to avoid running out before the supply problem is resolved. If they refuse, I will pay for it myself.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 04:28:32 PM by Katejo »

shrosphirelass

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »

Good luck Katejo. My drs really supportive, but was talking about reducing prescriptions from 6 months to 3 to spread out what's around so I think an advance prescriptions could be problematic. It's all so worrying.

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 08:37:10 PM »

Good luck Katejo. My drs really supportive, but was talking about reducing prescriptions from 6 months to 3 to spread out what's around so I think an advance prescriptions could be problematic. It's all so worrying.
I have never had more than 2 months at a time for anything. I would just like to have my next one slightly early. I doubt I will get it though.

The GP has issued me a prescription for 24 so I should get 3 packs of 8.  I will collect it and send it off on Thursday.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 04:57:11 PM by Katejo »

Janeydrew

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 09:33:38 PM »

Yes I'm worried as I doubt my Dr will prescribe my patches she is itching for me to change hrt so I need to be armed with what I want instead of patches I can't bear the thought of not having hrt

Sparkler

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 09:41:53 PM »

Hi Janeydew

I got 24 weeks of evorel 50 patches last week from my local chemist - they ordered them direct from the manufacturer. I have separate utrogestan. Maybe you'll be lucky too?

S
X

Janeydrew

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 10:03:39 PM »

Thanks guys hopefully xx

Katejo

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 10:56:23 PM »

Hi Janeydew

I got 24 weeks of evorel 50 patches last week from my local chemist - they ordered them direct from the manufacturer. I have separate utrogestan. Maybe you'll be lucky too?

S
X
It is frustrating that some pharmacies will do this and others won't.

heavenlyblue

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2019, 11:01:46 AM »

Hi Janeydew

S
X

I handed in a private script for Everol 50 two weeks ago.  They sent it straight to the manufacturer.  They haven't even had a reply back from them, they have no idea when they will get them in.  So my private GP has recommended I ask for Oestrogel or Sandreena instead.

KatyB

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2019, 12:00:13 PM »

I just got Everol 100 (I have separate Utrogeston) - went to GP to get prescription for alternative after Boots said they couldn't fill it and had no end date -as per the BMS update on availability - link on separate thread - which says not available till mid 2020.....but GP phoned local independent pharmacy and they had it in stock....very relieved but confused!

Janeydrew

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 05:49:14 PM »

I'm so confused as some of my friends can not for love or money get it and has had to change hrt yet some on here can get it. Maybe it's where you live has something to do with it. So I'm going to ask the Dr for separate estrogen and progestin and hopefully I'll be fine
Pages: [1] 2