Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Can I use Utogestan Capsules Vaginally ?  (Read 626 times)

Toothfairy

• First Flush
Can I use Utogestan Capsules Vaginally ?
« on: November 02, 2019, 10:27:47 AM »

Hi Everyone

My GP has prescrbed Utrogestan for me, 200mg, the box says capsules, do I have to take these orally, or can I use them vaginally instead. Thankyou for any advice.

Turkish delight

Re: Can I use Utogestan Capsules Vaginally ?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:33:49 AM »

:welcomemm:

Yep!

Lots of us do, you may need less if using that way though. See what others say about that cz I'm no expert, but in meantime can you tell us more about the regime you've been given? Are you peri or post ect, flesh out the bones so to speak.

TD

Toothfairy

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 10:48:53 AM »

Hi

Thanks TD, I am new to HRT. I have been prescribed two pumps of oestrogel and 200mg of utrogestan daily on days 15-26.
I asked the Dr if I could take it vaginally but they did not really respond. I have heard taking it vaginally reduces side effects.

I have strarted with one pump of oestrogel and am working my way up to two, one does not seem to be enough.

I understand they used to manufacture oestrogel vaginal capsules, have they stopped making them ?

Many Thanks

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:51:25 AM by Toothfairy »

Turkish delight

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 11:43:22 AM »

Hia again!

I've not heard of the vaginal O capsules  :o

I find the gel pretty good, I'm on 2 pumps and take 100mg Utro vaginally on the 1st of every month till the 12th simples, otherwise I get my dates in a twist.

TD

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 12:43:53 PM »

Toothfairy - I've done a new post about this topic as it comes up frequently. If you have been given the 200 mg box then these are actually packaged as for vaginal use so you are lucky as this is what the doc has given you - and you don't have to fiddle around with the tiny 100 mg balls!

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45782.0.html

Not sure what oestrogen capsules you are referring to? Local oestrogen is available as Vagifem (vaginal tablets) but previously there were estriol pessaries (Orthogynest) and I suppose these could have been called capsules, but they were withdrawn some years ago? These products are for VA not systemic HRT like the gel. We do not have any systemic vaginal oestrogen product here in UK.

Good luck with your regime :)

Hurdity x