Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Defibrillators  (Read 1855 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Defibrillators
« on: November 01, 2019, 05:19:42 PM »

Many villages are putting these into service as are lots of sports clubs.  Has anyone knowledge of which is the best and have any of you been required to use one?

Jeepers

Re: Defibrillators
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 05:32:21 PM »

Hi,

I cant tell you which are the best ones, but as part of my scuba training, we had to do a course in AED.  To be honest, you can't really go that wrong, the machine tells you what to do as you go along.  It knows when it needs to shock and when not to, which is good too (once the pads are on).

Jeepers xx

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 07:41:43 PM »

:foryou:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2019, 09:26:51 PM »

They make my two teens happy to see them around, as both are at increased risk, albit a small one, of a cardiac arrest. In the villages around here two have them in disused phone boxes.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 09:00:11 AM »

Hi,

I cant tell you which are the best ones, but as part of my scuba training, we had to do a course in AED.  To be honest, you can't really go that wrong, the machine tells you what to do as you go along.  It knows when it needs to shock and when not to, which is good too (once the pads are on).

Jeepers xx
I have also had the training due to being a First aider at work. I haven't had to actually use one yet.

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 10:48:00 AM »

We've got three in our large village and a great First Responder team. There's also one on the outside wall of the primary school I work in, accessible to the public at all times, which has saved two adult lives so far. We have all had training.

Taz x

Tc

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »

At my mums indoor bowls club they bought one and asked for volunteers to do the training. She was the only one to do it out of a couple hundred members!!! The training doesnt even take long and is very simple. The machine basically tells you what to do.

I think they are an excellent idea. As taz says the ones in her village have saved 2 lives already and I have a friend who works in a sports centre and within weeks of getting it a teenage girls life was saved.. But the key is the  more people who have the training the better. I  have only ever done first aid training for a job. We were not taught it in school. I cant remember most of it but I have neve forgotten how to do CPR. And what to do if an adult or baby is choking.  If I had the chance to do the defibulator training I would.

Xxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 12:07:07 PM »

Contact your local Heart Foundation shop and ask Tc?

Tc

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 01:40:20 PM »

Good idea CLKD  :thankyou:

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 02:10:38 PM »

Yep  ;D  :thankyou:

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »

I think that St Johns Ambulance run courses.

Taz x