Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Spending money ........  (Read 1594 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Spending money ........
« on: October 06, 2021, 03:18:51 PM »

;D

How much would you spend without discussion with your OH and/or family?

We have a joint account which pays for the house hold bills, i.e. electricity, Council Taxes; I have an account for buying meal worms; we both spend on hobbies from the joint account or I buy books for various birthdays from my account. 

It used 2 B that if I was thinking of spending over £50.00 we would discuss.  Now I'm not so sure, I buy jeans on-line for example without even thinking that I should tell DH.  In face I'm not sure that he realises when I wear them  ;D

Pennyfarthing

Re: Spending money ........
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 07:24:28 PM »

If I want something I buy it, no discussion. it’s my money and he does the same with his money. Big items like carpets, furniture, cars etc comes from joint account and we do discuss.

Haydo

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 07:47:26 PM »

I spend my own money on what I like.  Likewise for my partner.    Household bills and food come from the joint account.   Any large items for the house or maintenance bills on the house, which we would discuss,  are paid for jointly.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 07:50:30 PM »

We talk for years about maintenance etc., then perhaps find a builder etc.  ;D

We rarely decorate as we have paintings and prints hung in all rooms other than the bathroom which is refreshed every 9-12 months.  I would love to put wooden flooring throughout but the thought of packing all the items away leaves me cold.  MayB next Spring: discuss, make plans ............ perhaps put it all into storage, move into a Hotel and let someone remove carpets and sand the floor boards.  I can dream ;-)

daska86

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 08:34:53 PM »

We have a joint account for the household stuff and seperate accounts for personal spending . I don't confess the amount spent on the grandson's.
 ;D

groundhog

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »

We have a joint account but I deal with all.  If I want something I get it and vice versa really. 

I wouldn’t recommend one person being in charge of the money.  When my op went wrong and I nearly died OH didn’t know how to log into our bank even, he had a nightmare .  I’ve now got  ‘kick the bucket’ file where I detail everything but he still wouldn’t have a clue 🤨🤨

Daska86, I’m with you n spending on the grandkids lol, I spend way too much x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 05:55:40 PM »

OH pays all the bills.
I buy what I like whenever I want, out of my own account.
I don’t discuss what I buy with him, and vice versa, unless they’re expensive.
But we only do that so we can get the others perspective on it.

If we buy an expensive thing, ie, a bed, or new carpets, ect…..that comes out of OHs account. I wasn’t born yesterday!  ;D😉

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 06:54:41 PM »

Hah! Role reversal here. OH moved into my house, I earned more than him so I carried on paying the bills. I do the shopping (including internet shopping) so muggins pays for that too. He now pays for the CH oil and food he buys at market (spuds, fish etc) but that's it. If I want to replace anything I pay for it. Except the wheelbarrow - he bought me a new one so I could muck out his sheep  >:( (he does the sheds that can be mucked out with a tractor, I get the old buildings that have to be done by hand). Anything big we discuss, I'll take his views into account but ultimately if it's my money it's my decision. It would be different if it was his.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 07:37:25 PM »

;D. Remote controlled wheelbarrow? 

Time to borrow the tractor and aim 'carefully' at the old sheds?

sheila99

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 07:52:45 PM »

I need a remote controlled fork, pushing the wheelbarrow is the easy bit. Tractor vs stone sheds? My money's on a bent tractor... and an irate husband... 50 ewes in lamb for Jan - they have to be in the old sheds, all the modern ones will be full of b*&^& cows. Then they're strawed every 2 days til the end of June when the last ones have finished, sh*t a foot deep  :(. On the plus side it saves me going to the gym  ;D.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2021, 08:12:15 AM »

Do U have good run off for the liquids  :-\ ............. I saw a yard and shed which although the run off was onto the public highway, castles were almost knee deep by the end of the season  >:(

Yesterday I bought violas  ;D

2-day - into Waitrose  ::)