Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Doc recommends pelvic exam  (Read 973 times)

Sparkler

Doc recommends pelvic exam
« on: October 30, 2019, 07:46:27 AM »

Hi all

What would a doc be looking for if she recommended a pelvic exam? I am on evorel 50 plus utrogestan 200mg 12 days a month. Feel great but very irregular bleeding. Normally spot part way through the utrogestan but have full bleeds very infrequently. (due to some amazing GP/chemist/manufacturer communication I can apparently get my 6 month prescription filled at the end of the week - let's see!)

GP was great and referred me for an ultrasound ( as well as testosterone levels as I feel I may need some of that, too) but she said that if the bleeding hasn't settled by the time I have the ultrasound results I should book in for a pelvic exam. Any idea why? What could they be looking for?

Sparkler
X

Dierdre

Re: Doc recommends pelvic exam
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »

Hi Sparkler, I'm waiting for a scan, mine was booked because of pelvic pains and so checking for ovarian cysts. They also usually measure the thickness of the lining in the uterus and look for any fibroids, polyps etc. and check the bladder. The pelvic exam is to feel for any abnormalities too but not as reliable as the scan. I had a scan 2 years ago and all was clear.
I think we all should have a yearly routine pelvic exam when on HRT but not sure this always happens on NHS.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 09:01:48 AM by Dierdre »

Sparkler

Re: Doc recommends pelvic exam
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 07:01:42 PM »

Thanks Dierdre

I shall try to stop worrying about it and consider it to be my GP being thorough in looking after me. Ido feel as though the Utrogestan has no effect on me apart from making me sleepy - it just doesn't control or effect my bleeds in any way.

Thank you for your reply and let me know how your scan goes.

S
X