Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What next....  (Read 3312 times)

pepperminty

Re: What next....
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2019, 03:58:33 PM »

Hi Pepperminty

Thank you for your kind message - I do think when I went from the 1/10 to the 2/10 this was too strong for me, as although on the 1/10 the progesterone upset me, with the 2/10 Femiston I didn't feel right all month.

I have just phoned a lovely lady at a local Boots pharmacy to ask some advice about norethisterone, as I was unsure if I reacted orally if the same would happen with transdermal, and she said it would...just not as quick. She also agreed that it was pointless starting an Evorel patch only not to be able to get it again, plus it has norethisterone in it anyway!!  ::)

I am eye-rolling myself into oblivion here.... ;D

CLKD it definitely feels like you have to fight for what you need at the moment. It's hard enough as it is. I don't need antidepressants, even though I explained that my heart races it does it on it's own not because I am panicking about anything in particular.

I have printed off the BMS list of shortages, and also the Practical prescribing guide. I might just drop in to the dispensary today, seeing as I can't get an appointment with either of the other doctors until next week at the earliest. I can totally see why this drives some people to distraction, this has taken over my bloody life this year!

Yes the 1/10 progesterone upset me too initially but after 4-6 months I was ok.  It was the lesser of 2 evils! PMX

Ladybt28

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2019, 04:04:23 PM »

You could be in luck to get round the GP by explaining that Evorel is on the shortage list! then you could back it up by saying it includes Norethisterone which doesn't agree with you.

These are the types of progesterones used in hrt medroxyprogesterone, norgestrel, drospirenone, norethisterone, dydrogesterone, and levonorgestrel.  Some are singular and some are used combined in the patches.  I would work out from the pharmacist which hrt is readily available and then go for the one which has the mildest progesterone.  HRT has lesser side effects when taken transdermally but I would disagree you are guaranteed to have the same issues just slower!  the whole thing transdermally just bypasses the stomach and the liver so it depends on the type of side effects you were having.

There is certainly something out there you can take, maybe use the shortages etc to "Direct"  >:( your pain the butt GP.  If the lady in boots is nice she might write down a list of what she can easily get and you could check that out and take it to the GP to bounce them into getting what you want instead of following their own stupid ill informed ideas!  Good luck x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2019, 04:08:15 PM »

:thankyou:  we are a Mine aren't we  ;)

Mogster71

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2019, 05:55:33 PM »

Ahh you're a lovely lot :)

I rang the dispensary from my GP this afternoon on the way home and said that I've researched the list of available items. I know I can't take norothesterine and I think the 2/10 was just too strong for me. I would like to try 1/10 Femiston if you can get it - the BMS website says 1/10 is in short supply but the Mylan manufacturing website said it is available...  the dispenser is going to attempt ordering it for me today and if it comes in she will speak to my GP. I also said I wasn't sure why they felt that gels were not appropriate and she said that it was because they are not well absorbed.

I bet there's a few hundred women collectively saying OH FFS.......

Well...lets see what tomorrow brings. At least I haven't got all upset about it today xxx

Ladybt28

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2019, 06:17:01 PM »

OH FFS!  FFS! - that's why there are quite a few kinds of HRT DUH!  Some are not well absorbed, some are too well absorbed, some are plain poison to women, some work right first time, some don't work at all, some like pills, some like patches.  Gel has been the only thing that worked out of 6 attempts!  What works for one wont work for another!!!  >:(  A phrase that springs to mind is

"to assume - makes an ass out of u and me"!!!  Glad you are not worrying so much today and what a lovely lady the dispenser is...she will definitely have some influence on your GP - fingers crossed  :)xxx

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »

This ^^^

Hurdity x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2019, 08:23:12 PM »

Good luck Mogster. Hope they get your medication for you and the dr is amenable!

pepperminty

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »

Ahh you're a lovely lot :)

I rang the dispensary from my GP this afternoon on the way home and said that I've researched the list of available items. I know I can't take norothesterine and I think the 2/10 was just too strong for me. I would like to try 1/10 Femiston if you can get it - the BMS website says 1/10 is in short supply but the Mylan manufacturing website said it is available...  the dispenser is going to attempt ordering it for me today and if it comes in she will speak to my GP. I also said I wasn't sure why they felt that gels were not appropriate and she said that it was because they are not well absorbed.

I bet there's a few hundred women collectively saying OH FFS.......

Well...lets see what tomorrow brings. At least I haven't got all upset about it today xxx

If you get on with 1/10 - give it at least 3 months , it takes time to settle, ( keep a diary) and you can always ask to top up with Zumenon( this is the estrogen only part) I cut mine up and add half a tablet every other day - a faff but suits me. PMX

Mogster71

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »

Femiston 1/10 is waiting for me to collect!!!!!!!!!!!

:parti: :party:

Thank you all so much you have been lovely (((hugs))))

Ladybt28

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2019, 04:35:49 PM »

Great!  :banana:
lst hurdle out the way....really hope it works for you but be patient to let things settle.  Good luck x

Mogster71

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 07:42:36 PM »

Thanks LadyBT

Yes I need to give this a really decent trial :)
Pages: 1 [2]